Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CONKERS`

• 22-06-2010 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

hiya :) eh wer can i get i get conkers in ireland?????????? mega mega thanxxxx :):)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Do you mean chestnuts to eat or to play conkers with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 fashionteen

nope... i mean not horse chestnuts, conkers - the ones u cant eat... i want them for medicinal value. but its the ones u cant eat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I don't think you'll get them this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

They don't fall from the trees until the autumn, i.e. September-October. There are plenty of horse chestnut trees around, for example in most parks, and they're really easy to spot due to their distinctive leaves and the overall shape of the tree.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The Phoenix Park is a great place for collecting them in the autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

What sort of medicinal value do conkers have? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

WindSock wrote: »
    What sort of medicinal value do conkers have? :confused:
    The extract is used in a lot of herbal remedies, one being creams for haemorrhoids for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Why do I get the feeling this thread is related to some form of head-shop-type purpose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

You can get a buzz out of conkers and they cure the Farmer Giles. Huh. there's something new for today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

WindSock wrote: »
    You can get a buzz out of conkers and they cure the Farmer Giles. Huh. there's something new for today.
    can't imagine a conker suppository curing a bad case of farmers, wouldn't the spikes be a bit painful? or do you take them out of the shell first? :D

• Advertisement

Why do I get the feeling this thread is related to some form of head-shop-type purpose?

You're probably right - well if that is the case the OP will have a bit of a wait....

Advertisement