Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TOUR DE FRANCE 2010

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

he's back..that is all :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

The sh't(scandals) may hit the fan after the race ends in Paris but it will be some epic.

Looks like its between himself and himself with others looking to make up time for poor starts already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭jimbo28

poor old bradley :eek: looks like he has alot to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

what where phil and paul going on about the kept going on about how contador didnt look himself he was only 5s behind armstrong ina 10km time trial ind you there commabtery goes to the usa i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

While it's always a worry changing shoes, I have my own way of getting the cleats perfectly aligned. I try to make sure they are in exactly the same spot as the old ones, to the millimetre.

Damn, when I read the first line of that I thought "finally, my swapping of cleat problems are solved". Thanks Nick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Re. ITV4, Sky viewers can watch it fine when but are the upc guys getting that message just for the tour ? The TG4 highlights program is the ITV one anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    While it's always a worry changing shoes, I have my own way of getting the cleats perfectly aligned. I try to make sure they are in exactly the same spot as the old ones, to the millimetre.
    Damn, when I read the first line of that I thought "finally, my swapping of cleat problems are solved". Thanks Nick!

funny i read an article that basically said NOT to do that and to never aassume your cleats will be in exactley the same place even with the same shoes
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    Re. ITV4, Sky viewers can watch it fine when but are the upc guys getting that message just for the tour ? The TG4 highlights program is the ITV one anyway.

no its not (still got paul and phil but not sure whose highlights they are buying (still doesnt matter its the same race)
    Scien wrote: »
    5km in and there's a break made by 3 riders... Looks like it'll be an interesting stage.

Spoilers ...................................................

i await the wrath of lumen to be cast upon you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

who owns the fx@king dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

LINK for streaming video if anyone's suffering from lack of ITV4 provision...

New LINK

Ha ha, how brilliant was that guy on the MTB with his kid on the trailer, both of them giving it socks, cycling down the path along side those guys.

Poor dog btw, it's owners that need a good slap. Seems to be a common enough occurrence these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

No Offence to our National champion but I miss the Jersey from the Tour already. It was so easy to spot NR last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

amazing crowds out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

Haha,
    looks like Cavendish was at it again! Methinks he was at fault for the first crash towards the end of the stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Crash central today, anyone know who was the AG2R rider who went down at the end?

whoever stole the jersey off him should have more respect :(
    As the man himself says he was like an ambassador for Ireland during his time in it. And wearing the National jersey and flying the flag in the tour is an honour

shame, I feel sorry for Nico but hey he lost it :pac:

• Advertisement

chute , chute, chute, cav at fault again fr the 1st ?????????? oooooooh

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

any vids of the crash folks?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

_*The*_ crash
    ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭jefferson73

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

SomeFool wrote: »
    Crash central today, anyone know who was the AG2R rider who went down at the end?
    http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/races10/tdf10/tdf10st01-crashbutt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Who was the Garmin rider at the end who had the AG2R guys bike stuck to his and stopped and detached it and nearly chucked into the crowd he threw it so far! Assh*le! No need to be doing that.

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5tqtj8roMQ&feature=player_embedded

dont watch if you havent watched your highlights yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

lafors wrote: »
    Who was the Garmin rider at the end who had the AG2R guys bike stuck to his and stopped and detached it and nearly chucked into the crowd he threw it so far! Assh*le! No need to be doing that.
    Fairly sure it was Farrar.

More crashing again!! Would like to see Chavanel win the stage today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Unbelievable stuff for what should have been a fairly boring stage, if this is anything to go by tomorrow should be classic.

SomeFool wrote: »
    More crashing again!! Would like to see Chavanel win the stage today.
    Including Armstrong and Contador(apparently) ! Will this be an excuse for Armstrong to pull out ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Spoiler:
    I know they were protecting Shleck but if Cancellara had put the hammer down after the crash he may have pulled out a big gap!

complete carnage commentators cant figure out whose where !

Brilliant stuff from Jens!

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Brilliant stuff from Jens!
    He's one tough fcuker, nice one for Chavanel today, he should keep the yellow jersey for a while too

Why the bloody protest ride in ? The road conditions are all part and parcel of the tour, it is bloody Belgium after all !

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Why the bloody protest ride in ? The road conditions are all part and parcel of the tour, it is bloody Belgium after all !
    strange alright, like the fellas on itv said, it's a familiar road to all those riders too from LBL

wa***ers these boys are getting way too soft bit of rain big bunch couple of crashes and they stop racing

Clever move from cancellara though if he instigated it allowed the schlecks back on Lance isnt without previous in these situations remeber the giro last year
    honestly the should cancel the results for the stage they dont want to race shouldnt get anything for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

There's still a few weeks racing left, think laying into them for not wanting to race is OTT, Schleck may have a broken collarbone, we already lost one of HTC yesterday, Wiggins had a bad fall, Farrar and Velde to hospital. I'd rather some of them were left to race tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭C3PO

I'm new around here - what's with all the blank sections with the word "Spoiler" before them?

There's still a few weeks racing left, think laying into them for not wanting to race is OTT, Schleck may have a broken collarbone, we already lost one of HTC yesterday, Wiggins had a bad fall, Farrar and Velde to hospital. I'd rather some of them were left to race tomorrow

+1, i think its a courteous thing to do. To me it is admirable and shows cycling has at least some integrity. as long as its consistently applied im all for it even if it is slightly more boring. They all know it could be them that gets caught in the wrong place as the wrong time with these crashes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Cadel, Hincapie, Santambrogio also took a tumble, rashed but not injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭papac

RPL1 wrote: »
    I'm new around here - what's with all the blank sections with the word "Spoiler" before them?

The posts are hidden to prevent people who haven't seen result from having it spoiled.
    Hit ctrl+a to reveal posts or left click and drag to remove individually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭C3PO

papac wrote: »
    The posts are hidden to prevent people who haven't seen result from having it spoiled.
    Hit ctrl+a to reveal posts or left click and drag to remove individually.

Aaaah - thank you!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

papac wrote: »

I think its stupid, if ya don't want to know the results don't be reading a thread about the Tour de France, common sense will tell ya that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Any thoughts on doing a stage thread so we can discuss the day without worry of spoilers ?

Junior wrote: »
    Any thoughts on doing a stage thread so we can discuss the day without worry of spoilers ?

here it is :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Anyone know of any websites where I can watch or download highlights from each days stage? Thx

alfalad wrote: »
    Anyone know of any websites where I can watch or download highlights from each days stage? Thx

tg4 have live streaming and highlights on around lunchtime (www.tg4.ie) live player

listings http://www.tg4.ie/bearla/scei/sport.asp

(if you are in ireland)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

tg4 have live streaming and highlights on around lunchtime (www.tg4.ie) live player

listings http://www.tg4.ie/bearla/scei/sport.asp

(if you are in ireland)

Thanks for that, i just wish my Irish was up to scratch!

• Advertisement

alfalad wrote: »
    Thanks for that, i just wish my Irish was up to scratch!
    highlights show is in english (considering i have no irish i find that useful)

for live coverage use that and eurosport audio feed (couldnt get it working yesterday and there tends to be a delay between the commentary and the tg4 pictures otherwise www.cyclingfans.net for live feeds but they all go tcut yesterday at the end of the stage)

Advertisement