Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing west cork

Options
  • 22-06-2010 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I'll be heading down to the baera peninsula this weekend to visit a friend in Allihies. I've never been down this part of the country before and I was wondering if there were any good spots close by? I'm living/working in Dublin these days and don't get much of chance to surf out west, it would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction for even a half decent break.

I know that you might want to keep the spots secret, so I promise I won't tell anyone else about them:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

not sure theres anywhere on the beara peninsula there are on some of the other peninsulas but that said itd be no short drive! i mean could be 2hours plus each way. remember cork city is about half way on the drive from allihies to dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

not too sure about spots that far west but nice timing, nice little bit o' swell arriving for the weekend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ugens

Thanks for the help,

I thought there wasn't really much to be honest...i was told that Aillhies has some pretty 'interesting' currents and can be dangerous. I don't think I'll get the chance to head over to Inch or any other spot this time around.

Enjoy the waves if your out.:)

Advertisement