Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze in Meeting House Square?

Options
  • 22-06-2010 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

Maybe the wrong forum but can you bring booze into Meeting House Square when they're showing films? Or is there a bar set up for it? I want to go and see Stand By Me next month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Maybe the wrong forum but can you bring booze into Meeting House Square when they're showing films? Or is there a bar set up for it? I want to go and see Stand By Me next month.

Yes it is the wrong forum.

You're not supposed to bring booze in but if you're subtle about it you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    You're not supposed to bring booze in but if you're subtle about it you can.

Correct, pretend you're homeless.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Put it in a brown paper bag... no one will notice...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

any idea how i get tickets for this?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i was wondering that myself, picked our tickets for stand by me this evening after work

i wanted to see dirty dancing as we missed it in dun laoghaire due the rain and wind but himself was having none of it :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

hynesie08 wrote: »
    any idea how i get tickets for this?

yeah, just give the temple bar cultural trust a ring

http://www.templebar.ie/events

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

A few years back when Stella Artois was putting them on every Saturday I brought booze in every week. No bother at all. If you're worried, stick whatever into a coke/7up bottle and noone will be any the wiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Myself and a friend bought a big 2 litre bottle of White Russian, a bag of ice and enough paper cups to give everyone within two rows of us a drink when we went to see The Big Lebowski a few years back.

Nothing was said to us.

The only odd thing about the night was they said it was an indoor venue (even though it wasn't covered at all) so you had to smoke at the back instead of in your seat. Most people ignored them as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

About 2 years ago Jameson were sponsoring it. On the opening night we all got a choice of free drinks. Jameson & Ginger,Jemmy on the rocks and plenty of soft drinks. It was great night.

I have seen people bring in little bottles of wine etc and drink them. Once you are discreet there should be no problems.

I believe there are plans to install a canopy for the future which should help in the mass exodus when the rain comes....often at the best part of the film :-(

• Advertisement
Advertisement