Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting funding to do Train the Trainer Course

Options
  • 22-06-2010 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi there, I'm currently searching for an IT course which I am continuing to look for but in the meantime over the summer I think I'm going to do the Fetac Level 6 Train the Trainer course. Was just onto a service provider there and she said I may get funding from FAS to do this course. I will be officially unemployed as of this Friday so will be filling in the Jobseekers forms asap. Does anyone know if I would be entitled to get funding from FAS to do this course?? It would help my prospects.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Fas can in some circumstances fund courses not run by them if they think it will help you find work but only up to the value of 1000euro, There is also a fund which can be applied for throught the jobs facilitator in your social welfare branch again the max allowance is 1000euro

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 30 cathb

Thanks a million Daragh for that, have made an appointment with the jobs facilitator for next week so will see what comes from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I got it funded through Local Employment Services

Advertisement