Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can i get my frets levelled and crowned

• 22-06-2010 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

I need some work done on the frets of two beautiful guitars i just bought. They're so fab that i dont want to go messing with them myself. There's a guy advertises on Boards but he's just too busy I think, anyway he never got back to me.
    Anybody know who does this work and where (Dublinish)
    Thanks all:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

In Dublin your best bet is Derek Nelson. He is a little pricey but he is the best around by far. I have also heard good things about James Custom Guitars out in Navan but I have no first had experience with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭IVRZ

Thanks mataguri. Derek Nelson has a good reputation, the trouble is though he has a couple of months waiting list. Ive emailed james custom guitars and await a reply. Meath is a bit out of the way for me though.
    Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭BSOM

We use a guy in Swords, if you want send me on your details ill call him and get a price etc.

J

thanks bsom, sending you a pm with my details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Who was that muppet in Galway i think, who makes a mess of your guitar and actually charges for it too?

Don't use him, if we can remember him.

Indded quickpaddy. It was so much trouble to get someone and expensive and in the end i wasnt happy with the job. The guy did it to standard "specs" but didnnt listen to me and do it to MY specs. I paid him anyway and said thanks and then decided to buy the tools and give it a go myself and get it the way I wanted it. I practiced on a few old necks with good tools, which alltogether didnt cost much more than what your man charged me. And ive had great success with my guitars and some ive done for friends and students. So there. Im offering my services at half the price I was charged, and youll get it done the way you wanted, not the way fender et all dictate.
    Cheers:)

And, thanks for the plug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gerry2010

thank you for recommending perfectpitch,they really have a great shop.full of guitars at all levels and prices,great service too.they will put you at ease and show you around.

Advertisement