If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need new av amp

Options
  • 22-06-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

hi all looking for some help please, looking to buy new amp and must play true hd and dts hd , i just picked up some new jpw mini monitor and a celestion csc center speaker all are new never used and all are 6ohms now bad for 60 euro :D i hope so what can you guys at RS do for me :rolleyes:

cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi billyfromdublin.

Thanks for getting in touch :) .

Have a look at the following amps:

Onkyo TX-SR607 priced at £299.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txsr607/onky-txsr607

Onkyo TX-SR508 priced at £289.95 (Limited Stock - Black Only)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txsr508/onky-txsr508-blk

Marantz NR1501 priced at £289.95 (Pending Stock - Limited Stock)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/marantz/nr1501/mara-nr1501-blk

Onkyo TX-SR608 priced at £449.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txsr608/onkyo-txsr608-blk

I hope this helps. Let me know what you think.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

i just picked up some new jpw mini monitor and a celestion csc center speaker all are new never used and all are 6ohms now bad for 60 euro :D

Billy,

Now that is a cracker of a deal!

Well done & give me a shout if we can assist with the receivers,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Hi John/Kenny and all at RS.....

Was contacted by the philips store last week to let me know that the 2010 8605 is due in anyday now. (:D yipppeeee)

Now, the new dilema. I will be wall mounting the TV and was hoping to have only 3 cables to hide in the wall - 1 x Ethernet, 1 x 1.4 HDMI cable and power cable. Can you recommend and give me a very special boardie wink.gif price an av amp to compliment my 46" 8605.

I'll probably collect all at the same time.
    The connections in use in the current TV are:

HDMI1 - PS3
    HDMI2 - Sky+ HD
    Scart 1 - LG LH-T751 5.1 Surround sound (Possibly using these speakers from the amp??)
    Wii -

I don't want to break the bank and was hoping to spend about €300 - €350 euro.. . . . . be gentle!

Thanks Guys!

Ryanno wrote: »
    Hi John/Kenny and all at RS.....

Was contacted by the philips store last week to let me know that the 2010 8605 is due in anyday now. (:D yipppeeee)

Now, the new dilema. I will be wall mounting the TV and was hoping to have only 3 cables to hide in the wall - 1 x Ethernet, 1 x 1.4 HDMI cable and power cable. Can you recommend and give me a very special boardie wink.gif price an av amp to compliment my 46" 8605.

I'll probably collect all at the same time.
    The connections in use in the current TV are:

HDMI1 - PS3
    HDMI2 - Sky+ HD
    Scart 1 - LG LH-T751 5.1 Surround sound (Possibly using these speakers from the amp??)
    Wii -

I don't want to break the bank and was hoping to spend about €300 - €350 euro.. . . . . be gentle!

Thanks Guys!

Ryanno,

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txsr508/onky-txsr508-blk

Nice - a 46" 8605 - I wish I was in your shoes :).

Anyway a receiver/Amp to go with your nice new TV - the best deal around at the moment at your price range is probably the excellent TXSR508 from Onkyo - this is a new receiver - but it has already been reduced from £349.95 to £289.95 - it will upconvert all your sources to output via HDMI and simplify your cable requirements.

You should be able to use all the speakers from your LG system to get you started but the 508 really does deserve better speakers (I'm not sure if the sub with your LG system is properly active ie. if the amp is contained in the sub or in the system- perhaps you would check out the connection on th eback of the sub & revert?)

That 508 is in stock so drop me a line if we can assist or if you would like me to reserve one for you..

Thanks again and good luck with the 8605 - I'm very jealous..

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭billyfromdublin

already been reduced from £249.95 to £289.95

thats good m8:D would hate to is the price come down :p:p

• Advertisement

thats good m8:D would hate to is the price come down :p:p

Sorry :o meant £349.95 to £289.95 - now I have edited the post above - no one else will have a clue what we are talking about.

Keep the faith..

ATB,

John Mc

I'm not sure if the sub with your LG system is properly active ie. if the amp is contained in the sub or in the system- perhaps you would check out the connection on th eback of the sub & revert?)

May be a silly question :o, how can I tell if my sub is properly active? Thee are only a red/black audio connection on the sub??

It states model # LHS -75TBW
    Impedance 4 Ohms
    Max Power: 400W (Program)

Hi Ryanno.

I Can't seem to find anything for that model number on the Net :confused:

How was the Sub connected to you old system (Via the Right and Left Phono terminal)? Does the Sub have its own power supply?

Hi Kenny,

I appreciate your help with this!

This is the only link I can find for my system on the net! http://www.productwiki.com/lg-lh-t751tb/

It says it's a powered sub. But it only has the red black phono inputs!! No seperate power supply.

Thanks

Hey Ryanno.

It seems strange for a Powered/Active sub woofer to have no power supply.

An active sub woofer has an amplifier built into the sub and needs power to get the sub to work. Connecting the Phonos to the sub pre out on a new amp would not power the sub :(

It seems that the sub is designed to run off of the head unit that came with the system. I would say that the speakers with run no worries but the sub would need replaced.

Again I hope this helps make this a little clearer :)

• Advertisement

Hey Ryanno.

It seems strange for a Powered/Active sub woofer to have no power supply.

An active sub woofer has an amplifier built into the sub and needs power to get the sub to work. Connecting the Phonos to the sub pre out on a new amp would not power the sub :(

It seems that the sub is designed to run off of the head unit that came with the system. I would say that the speakers with run no worries but the sub would need replaced.

Again I hope this helps make this a little clearer :)

Hi Kenny/John,

Collecting my shiney new 46" 8605 tomorrow. I convinced the OH (gotten permission really) to get a better av receiver now and a decent set of speakers later on. What would you recommend in the new range in a budget range of €450??? Merrantz, Onkyo and denon have all been recommended to me.

Would you recommend that I wait until the October EVENT, for best pricing??

Thanks again

Hey Ryanno.

I have replied to you over at the following post as you popped up in a few different posts :)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055954361

hi guys how would the The Denon AVR1911 go with the jpw mini monitor and a celestion csc center speaker please ??? what is the cost of shipping to dublin

thanks

hi guys how would the The Denon AVR1911 go with the jpw mini monitor and a celestion csc center speaker please ??? what is the cost of shipping to dublin

thanks

Billy,

The old classic Mini Monitors 'eh - we sold 1000's of those over the years and I think every Cafe in Ireland has one stuck in each corner - but they sound
    G R E A T !

However to be honest the AVR1911 is way too good for the Mini's & the Celestion and unless you were going to eventually upgrade your speakers I would go with the AVR1611 (£239.95) or the AVR1311 (£199.95)and put the balance into upgrading that centre channel.

If you want to go the whole hog - the AVR1911 is now £289.95 and delivery on any of those to Dublin is just £12.99.

Thanks again and keep us posted if you would like to go for any of those and thanks again for the enquiry.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

thanks for your reply john i will be going down the road to update the speakers soon what would you think would be a good match for the AVR1911 ???? also how do you take payment ??

cheers

thanks for your reply john i will be going down the road to update the speakers soon what would you think would be a good match for the AVR1911 ???? also how do you take payment ??

cheers

1. We take payment quickly :D
    (actually we don't take payment until the day before we ship and you can pay by Credit card / Cheque / bank transfer - if you drop us your contact details by PM or email sales@richersounds.ie we will give you a shout to sort out payment)

2. Speakers for the AVR1911 - now there's an open ended question! If you want an all in one pack here are a few ideas:

Tannoy SFX 5.1 - an excellent 5.1 pack with a decent subwoofer and a dedicated centre speaker - really excellent money and great quality. £199.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/tannoy/sfx5.1/tann-sfx5.1-blk

Boston XS 5.1 - still the very best value in the known universe at £269.95 - available in black or white and they look amazing in white including brackets!)
    http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Boston-Acoustics-Soundware-XS/

If you wanted to go with 'proper' speakers to replace your Minis - I would really recommend the Monitor Audio BX range
    http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Monitor-Audio-Bronze-BX2-51/

This is made up of the:
    BX2 Front speakers
    BX FX rear speakers
    BX Centre
    BX W10 Subwoofer

This system retails at £1050 (and get a great 5 star review at that price), but you can assemble it by stages or if you want it at the same time as the AVR1911 we can do the whole system at a Boardie system price of £999.95 reduced from £1340 :D

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.