Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry aftermath

• 22-06-2010 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭

What where your thoughts on the HL chemistry paper? It seemed easy enough to me with little I couldn't do, I even attempted an extra question.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 karen-xxxxx

I thought it was very tricky. Question six :(

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

I thought it was very tricky. Question six :(

That was about the only one i COULD do. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

Did 10 questions finished by 4.30! The only one I didn't do was 11 because I'd left out electrochemistry and the option. haha.

I managed to fully answer 4 of them... which is good for me... experiments didn't go too well though and question 6 was :eek: :confused::(
    Normally organic is my best part but it seemed harder this year.

Thought Q4 and 5 were lovely for a change!

And a whole question on equilibrium - woohoo!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭Mazda

LOVED question 4 and question 7 :)

question 5 - vomit on a page :p

went ok I think by my chemistry standards!

I SURVIVED THE LEAVING CERT 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

It was ok-ish. I was able to do a good bit. Question 5 which is usually lovely was awful though, question 10 kinda compensated though. Overall fairly ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I thought it was good, but very awkwardly phrased. I found the hardest part was working out what the hell they were asking half the time!
    Question 5 was horrible, nearly had a heart attack when electronegative wasn't on it, thankfully it came up later though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 foxpoint1

the only exam i reckon i failed....feck it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

That was pretty odd. So so different to any other past papers. Like question 1 - where was the procedural question? And what was with all the historical stuff on Q5? I was counting on a nice electronegativity/first ionisation energy question but no. And the fuels and thermochemistry was horrible, I didn't know what auto-ignition actually WAS and couldn't really answer the bomb calorimeter question very well. It was grand like but I had learnt the course according to how things have been asked in the past, and how they have been asked every year since the start of the course. Completely different! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 tadghoc

Question 1 was ****, I mean really :(
    Question 3 was beautiful.
    Question 4 was good for the most part.
    Question 6 was tricky for a organic chemistry question. Usually it's my best question.
    Question 7 was ok... made a stupid mistake or two.
    Question 8 was a ****.
    Question 9 was fairly good bar d i). e) was beautiful but f0 was a puzzler.
    Question 10 a0 was ok and b0 was great.

Over all I think I got a d2 hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IronGirl92

It was ok-ish. I was able to do a good bit. Question 5 which is usually lovely was awful though, question 10 kinda compensated though. Overall fairly ok.

I though question 5 was lovely!?:o Love the scientist dudes!

• Advertisement
Advertisement