Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to take legal action against BT

• 22-06-2010 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Basically I had BT for a year and a few months ago I went to Eircom. Last week my internet was turned off because Eircom said someone was sharing the line. I found out BT had sent a request to Eircom last week saying I want to move back to BT (which I never did) Now every time I call BT they are giving me the same rubbish and Eircom can't put it back on because the line is STILL being shared.

BT said on Friday it would take 48 hours to cancel the line. It's now Tuesday and they're still giving me excuses. They're just trying to pass me off. They keep saying they've sent an email request to cancel and now today they said the request went through and the line was cancelled. I call Eircom and they say that BT is still sharing the line.

I've had no internet for over a week now and I'm still playing for it. What can I do?

I'm using the vodafone usb to post this btw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

BT don't even do retail BB anymore. Vodafone took over their retail customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Contact BT one more time and ask what their official complaints procedure is. Probably involve putting your complaint in writing and posting it to them. If that doesn't work, you can then escalate your complaint with Comreg.

This is not going to be resolved quickly, unless BT get the thumb out and process the cancellation.

No matter what happens, you should lodge a formal complaint with BT about them illegally taking possession of your line. Whatever you do, don't pay them anything. If you had any direct debit set up with them, cancel it by writing to your bank. They are known for reactivating dormant direct debits.

The CEO of BT Ireland is Chris Clark, and when I contacted him, his email was chris.clark@bt.com
    Complaints can be sent to complaints@btireland.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Macronelf

watty wrote: »
    BT don't even do retail BB anymore. Vodafone took over their retail customers.

Sorry, just used to calling them BT :D

BT just called me again and said I have no line with them, but Eircom are saying I do.

It's ridiculous. They're both messing me about :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Macronelf wrote: »

BT just called me again and said I have no line with them, but Eircom are saying I do.

Conference them both into the same call if you can. Let them sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

So, is it actually Vodafone or BT that is doing this? BT no longer do consumer products, so unless you have a business line, they would not have taken it.

If it's Vodafone, then stop saying BT, as it's Vodafone that you need to contact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Vodafone may well have cancelled the line with Eircom Wholesale, however it may not have been updated as yet with Eircom retail whom you are speaking to,

Get the cancellation code from Vodfone - a code is generated when they cancel on the Eircom Gateway.

Legal action is a bit extreme until you go through the normal complaints procedure with Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭20goto10

I've had no internet for over a week now and I'm still playing for it. What can I do?

The obvious first step is to stop paying them. I'm sure they'll be more than willing to help you after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭branners69

Did you get Vodafone to cancel the line sharing which was on your line when BT supplied the service?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Macronelf

branners69 wrote: »
    Did you get Vodafone to cancel the line sharing which was on your line when BT supplied the service?

Yes, I cancelled my Vodafone account 2 months ago. However last week they sent a request to Eircom saying I wanted to switch to Vodafone. Eircom turned off my internet and now Vodafone won't cancel the line.

I have called Vodafone like 30 times and it's like talking to a brick wall. They say line cancellation is a 'slow process' but they've been saying this since last Friday. Wednesday they said it would be turned off in 48 hours and to call Eircom. They're still saying Vodafone's sharing the line, Vofafone are saying it's cancelled.

I really don't know what to do anymore.

Eircom tell me some different every time I call them.

I've went through the complaints procedure with both companies, through customer support and talked to supervisors. None of them are helping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭branners69

Yes, I cancelled my Vodafone account 2 months ago. However last week they sent a request to Eircom saying I wanted to switch to Vodafone. Eircom turned off my internet and now Vodafone won't cancel the line.

I have called Vodafone like 30 times and it's like talking to a brick wall. They say line cancellation is a 'slow process' but they've been saying this since last Friday. Wednesday they said it would be turned off in 48 hours and to call Eircom. They're still saying Vodafone's sharing the line, Vofafone are saying it's cancelled.

I really don't know what to do anymore.

Eircom tell me some different every time I call them.

I've went through the complaints procedure with both companies, through customer support and talked to supervisors. None of them are helping.

When I asked Vodafone to cancel my line sharing they said it would take 24 hours, it took less than 18 hours. I had my Eircom router setup and it connected well before the 24 hours which Vodafone said it would take!

I have just received a bill from Vodafone for June and July even though I have been with Eircom since the 28th of May!!

I pity your situation because bar none Vodafone are by far the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with! I wouldnt care if they get 100mb broadband in for €20 I will never ever give them my business again!

Would a chat with Comreg be worth your while?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Have you done the below?
    jor el wrote: »
    Contact BT one more time and ask what their official complaints procedure is. Probably involve putting your complaint in writing and posting it to them. If that doesn't work, you can then escalate your complaint with Comreg.

This is not going to be resolved quickly, unless BT get the thumb out and process the cancellation.

No matter what happens, you should lodge a formal complaint with BT about them illegally taking possession of your line. Whatever you do, don't pay them anything. If you had any direct debit set up with them, cancel it by writing to your bank. They are known for reactivating dormant direct debits.

The CEO of BT Ireland is Chris Clark, and when I contacted him, his email was chris.clark@bt.com
    Complaints can be sent to complaints@btireland.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Vodafone: Paul

Hi Macronelf,

I'm Paul from the Talk to Vodafone Forum,

Can you PM me your Landline number, I'll talk to the teams here, if needed I'll also liaise with BT & Eircom to get this resolved ASAP for you.

Paul.

Advertisement