Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspicious call from (maybe)Eircom...

Options
  • 22-06-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hiya lads,

Got a phone call there earlier from a bloke telling me he was with Eircom and that he was testing my line as he had gotten a request to reactivate the Eircom PSDN.

Now I haven't been with Eircom for years and am now with UPC. I never requested anything from Eircom, and according to him the request came from NTL!

I rang UPC and told them what had happened, the girl told me that there was nothing on their system but took a note of what had been said.....

I do have a number for this bloke as it came up on my caller ID.

Just wondering if this is a new scam or has anyone else gotten any calls like this recently.

Cheers :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

It could have been a mistake. In that he was mistakenly advised that your PSTN line was to be reactivated.

He could have dialled a wrong number.

It also could have been some kind of scam but, based on the information you've given, so far it doesn't sound like one.

Was he looking for any details from you (address, bank account, credit card, etc)? Did he quote an Eircom account number? Did you phone Eircom back?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

No he double checked that it was the right phone number but didn't ask for any details whatsoever.

Going to ring Eircom now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

eircoms tech line numbers usually begin 01 700****

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Eircom were no help.....

The number that rang was a Swords number, that I do know....

Is there any way to trace a phone number?

Advertisement