Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Mod has a personal grudge against me...I kid you not.

Options
  • 22-06-2010 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

Dear AnimalRights,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: Back Seat Modding
    I wouldn't, if I were you, try another post like this one.

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66511684
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ricky91t View Post

And.....?
    I'll post what I want, if you don't like it press the report button mister know it all.

Calina and I have a long history of not getting on, when she took a break from the Photography forums I never had 1 infraction....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Have you spoken to the moderator or the cmod about this?

Or are you making an official complaint to the admins? If so, what exactly is the complaint you are making?

that the mod doesnt like you?

that the infraction wasnt deserved?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I've received a pm notifying me of this thread at 17:35.

I've reviewed the thread in question and note the offending post which is very brief.
    I'll post what I want, if you don't like it press the report button mister know it all.

This appears to be in response to;
    Ricky91t wrote: »
    :confused:

And.....?

OP Keep checking buy and sell, Local papers/advertisers and maybe drop a note into local camera shops which may buy/sell used gear.

If you do find it ( Make some excuses and ask for photos of the serial numbers ) and I think asking the Gardai to either pay a visit to the seller or go along with you should be enough. Chances are if someone's selling stolen goods via ebay they'll happily meet up with you quickly to get rid of them.

I wouldn't recommend going on your own

The relevant part I'm interpreting is;
    :confused:

And.....?

as the remainder is addressed to the OP.

The particular post quoted above (from AnimalRights) is the subject of reported posts. In so far as I am aware or can tell it is the only post of that thread that anyone has found objectionable.

The issue with the offending post imho is the attitude it expresses and the manner in which it expresses it. This is covered in the charter addendum on manners within the forum. It is not the first occasion that you will have been pointed towards that thread.
    I'll post what I want

Eh, no you wont. You partake in the community of any boards forum under the house rules as defined in the charters and any applicable addendum such as the manners thread in photography.
    if you don't like it press the report button mister know it all.

a) you are giving another forum user instruction as to how they conduct themselves on forum. This is not your role as a user. This is the role of the moderators and confirms the charge of back seat modding. This is covered in the charter.

b) It would be appropriate for you to understand your own advice here. You could have simply reported the Ricky post stating your objection and the moderators would have considered your report and take action as appropriate to the situation.

Your intervention is not on topic and not helpful to the OP.

If it were a new poster who had no idea of the way things work and the generally accepted norms of the forums operation, then a removal of the post and a discussion or a yellow card may have been appropriate. In this instance, and given an overall background where in terms of knowing what is acceptable and what is not, then I find that in effect you should have known way better than to react the way that you did on the thread. It isn't without precedence albeit somewhat in the past. For future reference I suggest you report any issue which you may have with someone else.

Furthermore, I find no evidence in recent postings of any moderator having a personal issue or grudge expressed on the forum and indeed, in terms of moderator chat which i'm often privy to in my role as CMod, you haven't been mentioned in any dispatch. Simply, until today you haven't been on the horizon.

Thus, there is a red card now which expires after 10 days (IIRC). It is a reminder to you in terms of how to conduct yourself on the forum. The full details of the expectations of you as a user on forum is contained in the charter thread. Feel free to contact any of the moderators should you need clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Total waste of time as per usual.
    I don't know why people ever appeal here.
    I won't bother again. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

sry, my bad. thought that was to me. :)

Advertisement