Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP on first time renting appartment

Options
  • 22-06-2010 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    Im planing on moving out for the first time soon and dont know a thing about it. Is there a list of landlords that acceped rent allowence that I can view on the net and can I get rent allowence if im on the job seekers allowence. Any other help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated,Thanks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

You can go to crosscare , cathedral st, or focuspoint temple bar , anyday, after 10.15 am, they make up a list of all flats listed in dublin papers everyday,friday to saturday , ieflats or units that advertsise and take rent allowance clients.
    SEE ads in evening herald, bedsits ,they usually take rent allowance.Would suit professionals etc = code ,do not take rent alowance.
    1st look at rent ,i think non sharing dublin area is ra limit 110.
    focuspoint ,eustace st, coffee house, they help people on welfare find flats or they,ll give you help/advice etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

yes you can claim rent allowance when you are on the dole, go to health centre
    ask for rent allowance form,
    see here http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/supplementary-welfare-schemes/rent_
    look at ads on daft ie , there may be some that take ra, especially bedsits.

Advertisement