Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on Chemistry??

• 22-06-2010 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hey!
    How did everyone find the hons paper?I thought it wasn't very fair a lot of people in my year were upset after it! Some stuff that wasn't in "Chemistry Live" even came up. hmmm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 CosmicLove

Thought the q11c was a bit sly.
    Made a couple of silly mistakes; like for q1 colour change I wrote wine red -> blue/black put a line through it then wrote blue/black -> wine red :(
    Praying I passed though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 hmmmm52

Pheima wrote: »
    Hey!
    How did everyone find the hons paper?I thought it wasn't very fair a lot of people in my year were upset after it! Some stuff that wasn't in "Chemistry Live" even came up. hmmm

what kinda stuff? bits of q.9 i know def arent in the book but other than that i tot it was a fair enough paper.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

The SEC seems to be making a point of putting things up on the papers that aren't in the main text books this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭starry nights

i think it was ok. didnt get the B1 i wanted but seeing as i took it up and did it in a year with 7 other subjects im fairly happy.

was thrilled to see benzoic acid and ethanal in section B.

What did everyone get for KC in the equilibrium question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 CosmicLove

Oooo I rushed it as an extra question last minute but I fink it was 1.435?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 foxpoint1

CosmicLove wrote: »
    Oooo I rushed it as an extra question last minute but I fink it was 1.435?

i didnt get that..id say you are right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Lawliet wrote: »
    The SEC seems to be making a point of putting things up on the papers that aren't in the main text books this year.

Hah, this is actually very true. Some very weird things on physics as well which weren't even mentioned in the text book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭starry nights

foxpoint1 wrote: »
    i didnt get that..id say you are right

i got 10..... loadsa people are giving different answers to me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

i got 10..... loadsa people are giving different answers to me....

I got 2.something.... I think!

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 sarahisdeadly

I got 2.something.... I think!

:(

Me too! Something with a load o decimal points...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 leavingcert 2010

Hah, this is actually very true. Some very weird things on physics as well which weren't even mentioned in the text book.

i think the reason this years leaving cert as a whole was like that including the physics paper was because of, all these ******s in the news that keep saying leaving cert is a bad exam and it all rote learning

so this year they tried to make the ppl who rote learned to struggle

which happened to me, i wouldnt say i rote learned cause if you know your stuff and know how to use it(which isnt easy to do) people make the word rote learning like you learn it but dont know what it means

personally i didnt do good this year, i was hoping for A1s, i dont think i got any

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭FordieMUFC

Kc was 0.0225 or something. I got that as did my friend plus a genius in my year who always gets the right answer in every question so I think it's right :D
    hopefully :(

i think it was ok. didnt get the B1 i wanted but seeing as i took it up and did it in a year with 7 other subjects im fairly happy.

was thrilled to see benzoic acid and ethanal in section B.

What did everyone get for KC in the equilibrium question?
    em.. where was the ethanal in section B?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭uncle-mofo

Lawliet wrote: »

What the jesus are they trying to accomplish with that? What was the oxidation/reduction of Na2SO4 about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 hmmmm52

FordieMUFC wrote: »
    Kc was 0.0225 or something. I got that as did my friend plus a genius in my year who always gets the right answer in every question so I think it's right :D
    hopefully :(

i got 0.0025 . . . .:) close enuf considering i could never figure the ratios out !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IronGirl92

hmmmm52 wrote: »
    i got 0.0025 . . . .:) close enuf considering i could never figure the ratios out !

Hmm. Now I can't remember which one I got. Ehh. It had 0's and 2's anyway! :rolleyes:

uncle-mofo wrote: »
    What the jesus are they trying to accomplish with that? What was the oxidation/reduction of Na2SO4 about?
    Q10 (c)?
    (i) Just apply the oxidation numbers thingy to it. You should get +6 and +3
    (ii) Orange ----> Green
    (iii) Fehling's solution (or else silver mirror/acidified KmNO4.)
    (iv) I said ethanoic acid for this, was caught between that ethanal? anyone know the right answer? I have a feeling that both of them are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Q10 (c)?
    (ii) Orange ----> Green
    (iv) I said ethanoic acid for this, was caught between that ethanal? anyone know the right answer? I have a feeling that both of them are right.

The answer was ethanoic acid, ethanal was in the question if you read it again so you couldn't give that as an answer because they asked for another organic compound.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭uncle-mofo

Q10 (c)?
    (ii) Orange ----> Green

No there was a separate question, might have been 11? It was the electrolysis of Na2SO4 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

uncle-mofo wrote: »
    No there was a separate question, might have been 11? It was the electrolysis of Na2SO4 I think.
    Noope that was part of the oxdaton queston.

• Advertisement

ciaradx wrote: »
    The answer was ethanoic acid, ethanal was in the question if you read it again so you couldn't give that as an answer because they asked for another organic compound.
    phew, I know it was a small question but it's the small little bits that matter at the end of the day! :)
    Would be very happy with a B1 considering I only started studying properly 'til after the pre which I got 60% is. I really let other subjects catch up with me. Was always getting A1's in 5th year, but hey, considering that was a very tough test I hope I did well.

Advertisement