Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc/chorus ntl funny charge ???

Options
  • 22-06-2010 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

hi everyone
    i have a subscription with upc/chorus ntl for phoneline + broadband . upc are charging me for these 2 services plus an extra €8/pm for NOT having their tv services .i wonder is this legal to do :confused: ? i mean they are charging me & all other subscribers who are not using the upc tv packages for not buying this service , i know it sounds confusin but it is true :eek: .and i'm trying to know if they are allowed to do this .
    what do you think !!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭_michelle_

i used to have the telly with them and to say it was one headache after another is an understatement. would avoid them like the plague!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

What do the Terms and Conditions on their website say?

Have you actually talked to them and asked about the charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

You have it the wrong way around. You're being charged €8 as a form of line rental since you don't have an existing tv connection. It's mentioned in the T+C's and on the website before it lets you place an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

adam111111 wrote: »
    hi everyone
    i have a subscription with upc/chorus ntl for phoneline + broadband . upc are charging me for these 2 services plus an extra €8/pm for NOT having their tv services .i wonder is this legal to do :confused: ? i mean they are charging me & all other subscribers who are not using the upc tv packages for not buying this service , i know it sounds confusin but it is true :eek: .and i'm trying to know if they are allowed to do this .
    what do you think !!!

This is mentioned on UPC.IE and been discusses here before.

The stated price for phone/Internet is for and add-on to an existing TV connection, otherwise (as you have discovered) a "Fibre Power Broadband Standalone" Charge of €7.75 a month applies.

Basically it's a form of line rental, you either pay it as part of the TV service, or as a stand alone charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Basically it's a form of line rental, you either pay it as part of the TV service, or as a stand alone charge.

Yeah I pay it too. Basically the advertised price is the discounted one with TV. They make it fairly clear when you sign up that it costs extra to get broadband alone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement