Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kim's Cakes

Options
  • 22-06-2010 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Just noticed this building the other day, for a place selling pastries, I don't think I have ever seen such an uninviting shop front. It's just too grubby. You wonder if this is their first impression to the public, what are their hygiene standards like hidden away in their actual bakery. Someone call Fergal Quinn please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Just noticed this building the other day, for a place selling pastries, I don't think I have ever seen such an uninviting shop front. It's just too grubby. You wonder if this is their first impression to the public, what are their hygiene standards like hidden away in their actual bakery. Someone call Fergal Quinn please.

Do you always judge books by their cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Stick 'em up punk, it's the Bun Lovin Criminals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Someone call Fergal Quinn please.
    Why does somebody else have to do that for you, are you incapable of using a phone?
    If you have a genuine complaint, then make it yourself. Otherwise the only dirt is off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

By the way, I don't own this shop and have never entered it but it seems that filth is acceptable to some. Anyway the owners should care,

Feargal Quinn’s Retail Therapy - New Series 2011 - Call for Participants
    FRIDAY, 28 MAY 2010
    Animo TV are looking for participants for the second series of my popular retail advice programme, Feargal Quinn’s Retail Therapy.

Last year’s series saw me tackle the problems faced by six independent Irish retailers head on and they have enjoyed increased sales and improved morale ever since...

If you are a shop owner who feels that your shop could benefit from my unique style of retail know-how, then please get in touch by emailing retailtherapy@animo.ie or please call Laura on 01 6468246

We look forward to hearing from you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Where is this "Kim's Cakes" anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

It is dirty, but have to say cakes are lovely. I said this to a friend of mine who works in the area and she wouldn't grace its door. Sad really because the woman who works in their seems really nice. the place when it opened first I did go their with the kids a lot but stopped going mainly due to grubbiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

catbear wrote: »
    Where is this "Kim's Cakes" anyway?
    Kim's Kakes is on the top of John Street, opposite Gray's TV. It's Barry Doyle's place and he's bang on so he is.

I recommend the chocolate biscuit squares.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Speaking of cake-related shop fronts I have to say that Maria's Cakes on Kieran St. looks pretty well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Maria does some serious cakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

I've often seen the outside (and inside) of pubs in worse condition, but doesn't stop lads goin in and getting pissed, does it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    I've often seen the outside (and inside) of pubs in worse condition, but doesn't stop lads goin in and getting pissed, does it??

So pubs only allow 'lads'?

Is every person who goes into a pub looking for alcohol?

I walked into a pub, am I now an alcoholic?

I went into a cake shop and ordered a coffee, am I now a sugar addict?

You seem to have some kind of grudge. I only stated a fact that the front of this premises is uninviting and would not be appealing to enter. I think there is a basis for the opinion. Now I'm off to sleep on my park bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭wax

Why would someone start a thread just to criticise someones business? I've never eaten there but I'd like to think Kim is keeping the business afloat at the moment. Shop refits cost money.
    Best of luck to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Lads in Kilkenny means male and female.

Advertisement