Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for somewhere that will repair an external harddrive

Options
  • 22-06-2010 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hey, my external hard drive has a problem with its power input (the cable won't fit in anymore). I'm thinking the pin inside has gone slightly off line or maybe skewed.

Anywhere in Cork City where I could bring it does anyone know? Preferably in the city centre or Bishopstown area. I bought it online so can't bring it back to the shop, just looking for some kind of hardware repair shop or similar.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Hey, my external hard drive has a problem with its power input (the cable won't fit in anymore). I'm thinking the pin inside has gone slightly off line or maybe skewed.

Anywhere in Cork City where I could bring it does anyone know? Preferably in the city centre or Bishopstown area. I bought it online so can't bring it back to the shop, just looking for some kind of hardware repair shop or similar.

Thanks.

depending on make and model (?) you might be better off getting a new one and swapping the disk itself into the enclosure..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 derek2009_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 PotatoInsertion

It's a Lacie 500gb, can't think of the model off the top of my head. Think it cost around €100 about a 15 or 16 months ago.

Would rather not buy a new one when the problem seems so small, would like to explore my options first. There's nothing I need from it immediately, but there is a lot of stuff on it that I'd like to hang on to.

derek2009_ wrote: »

Is that the place in the industrial estate down past Wilton? I brought my laptop there once, but I didn't realise they do non-Apple products.

yup they do i got a western digital drive fixed there before,
    they can be expensive tho.

• Advertisement

Cool, I'll give them a ring. Thanks.

best of luck

Advertisement