Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Leaving Certificate. The worlds biggest anti-climax

• 22-06-2010 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Ok i am finished tomorrow with economics. The 23rd has been a date that I have been looking forward to for months. Now that its nearly here there is nowhere near the sheer amount of joy I thought I would feel. my friends who are finished all seem to be doing the same as they were before the lc ended. Does anybody else feel that the leaving cert is one of the greatest anti-climaxes ever. I was more excited to finish the junior certificate to be honest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I'd have said Spain losing to Switzerland was the worlds biggest anticlimax. They went in unbeatable looking, and lost to Switzerland ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

I'd have said Spain losing to Switzerland was the worlds biggest anticlimax. They went in unbeatable looking, and lost to Switzerland ffs.
    A biteen off-topic? :P

But yeah, I kinda agree with OP. I still cant wait til the 24th when it's all over, but I know it's gonna be a major anti-climax. All year I've been looking forward to this amazing summer that I was gonna have, but I know full well that Im just gonna be pure bored! Fecking LC...hate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

defo and try sitting your last exam alone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I don't know, I finished Thursday and have had a great few days :D Looking forward to Friday when the big celebrations begin though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Yeah, finished there at five. A bit anticlimatic. 4 nights out between now and Sunday though so it ain't all bad.

In fairness, it'll take a while for the stress of it all to subside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Couldn't agree more. i thought i couldn't wait for this week a few months ago, and now it just seems like any other week. :(

A biteen off-topic?

But yeah, I kinda agree with OP. I still cant wait til the 24th when it's all over, but I know it's gonna be a major anti-climax. All year I've been looking forward to this amazing summer that I was gonna have, but I know full well that Im just gonna be pure bored! Fecking LC...hate it!

Well, the topic is the worlds biggest anticlimax...

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

New Zealand drawing with Italy sits above that with me. Their best player plays for Blackburn, BLACKBURN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭ChiefBrody

Yeah, they Leaving Cert has a unique way of draining all happiness out of your life until it's irretrievable. That's where alcohol steps in.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

It really is so anticlimax =(. I was expecting a HUGE weight to be lifted from my shoulders and nothing..Maybe it'll only come on the 18th of August? God I hope not =(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

naaah feck ye all im goin back motocrossin a few hours after app maths....gonna be mental!

Even if you dont get the mad rush of excitement we're all expectin, its a relief to have the shíttiest exam of your life over and done with....never again will I haveto write an essay on lear or how bolands poetry has such an impact on me....finished englidh is enough of a relief for me:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Well, the topic is the worlds biggest anticlimax...

True I guess, my bad:D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Junior cert is the worlds biggest anti climax!!!! At least this actually means something, by the end of the junior you realize it's worth nothing!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

lc2010 wrote: »
    Junior cert is the worlds biggest anti climax!!!! At least this actually means something, by the end of the junior you realize it's worth nothing!!!!

arrived back in class the first day of 5th year only to be told "right lads that meant nothin, this is the important one" ....was sickening!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

ps3man wrote: »
    Does anybody else feel that the leaving cert is one of the greatest anti-climaxes ever. I was more excited to finish the junior certificate to be honest.

I agree completely, I finished today and thought I'd be going mad but I'm really not!After all that study I think i need to get used to the real world again:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Expect an anti-climax tbh.

You have just gone through 2 weeks of pressure, probably living significant chunks of it on an adrenalin high, and now that adrenalin has leached away and you're left feeling unexpectedly low, though you know you should be feeling great ... quite a common reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Melissa X

Try this for an anticlimax
    finishing your last exam in an isolated room,cant see your friends
    cant go out
    everything youve built up to on hold
    MUMPS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MonTheBiffy

Melissa X wrote: »
    cant go out

Sickener

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

cant go out
    Should have used a condom. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

....never again will I haveto write an essay on lear or how bolands poetry has such an impact on me....finished englidh is enough of a relief for me:D

You did read the paper right.. Boland wasn't there.. I hope to GOD you didn't write a Boland essay.
    =P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

never again will I haveto write an essay on lear or how bolands poetry has such an impact on me....finished englidh is enough of a relief for me:D

oops!!!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 casadenikki

mark182 wrote: »
    defo and try sitting your last exam alone :(

doing my last exam alone too :( the only one in the school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

yup today was as boring as heck, i went out with friends but we were all just too exhausted! :( saturday though, Swiftttts woot!

cant go out
    Sickener
    Indeed!! >.<
    NufcNavan wrote: »
    Should have used a condom. :rolleyes:
    ~_~

Expect an anti-climax tbh.

You have just gone through 2 weeks of pressure, probably living significant chunks of it on an adrenalin high, and now that adrenalin has leached away and you're left feeling unexpectedly low, though you know you should be feeling great ... quite a common reaction.
    I've had so much energy drink I know I'm gonna get withdrawal symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

I finished with chemistry today, went home threw the bike in the back of me car and rode Dh until 10pm. Going out now for the next few nights.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I didn't drink any energy drink at all during the LC. I find the adrenaline of the 'big exams' great - much better than any Boost!

I can't wait until Friday at 12pm. It's going to be great! I'm going to go on a massive drive - I miss driving. I have a car, insurance and a licence but my parents told me not to drive before the Leaving Cert in case I got in an accident or something (bit of an over-reaction really but I suppose they have my best interests at heart)!

I've had so much energy drink I know I'm gonna get withdrawal symptoms.
    Oh Lord!! >.<

You are, you know!

Go for a long walk / cycle tomorrow ... as in 3 -4 hours. Bring / drink plenty of water.

I always found it helps with the adrenalin flush; you will get a restful sleep tomorrow night afterwards; and ... I suspect it might help with the withdrawal symptoms as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭uncle-mofo

JayEnnis wrote: »
    I finished with chemistry today, went home threw the bike in the back of me car and rode Dh until 10pm. Going out now for the next few nights.

Fellow DH MTBer? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Ahh now I want to cycling! I don't MTB but I road cycle - sometimes as much as 100-200km. The LC has caused me to lose some of my fitness - but there is plenty of time in the summer to regain that!

Advertisement