Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Leaving Certificate. The worlds biggest anti-climax

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Go for a long walk / cycle tomorrow ... as in 3 -4 hours. Bring / drink plenty of water.

I always found it helps with the adrenalin flush; you will get a restful sleep tomorrow night afterwards; and ... I suspect it might help with the withdrawal symptoms as well!
    Actually, I should have said, the day after you finish ... as you haven't yet, if I remember correctly?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Actually, I should have said, the day after you finish ... as you haven't yet, if I remember correctly?

He's in until Friday Applied Maths until 12pm as far as I remember - just like me!

At least when we are off everybody else will be, so I won't be like some of my friends who didn't have anybody to go out with at first.

It's a very small consolation though, because as of tomorrow all of my close friends will be finished with their second level education for life! (except for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

I am going to love being bored (and slightly hungover) come the 26th..

I havent been bored in 12 months:p

stainluss wrote: »
    I am going to love being bored (and slightly hungover) come the 26th..

I havent been bored in 12 months:p
    And a week later you'll be complaining ... :P :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I always thought the biggest anti-climax of the world was randylonghorn.... oh well :pac:

but yeah, remember walking out of the exams last year, going "ah well, over and done with. So.....whats for dinner"

• Advertisement

I have given many an auntie a climax, 'tis true! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Oh Lord!! >.<

You are, you know!

Go for a long walk / cycle tomorrow ... as in 3 -4 hours. Bring / drink plenty of water.

I always found it helps with the adrenalin flush; you will get a restful sleep tomorrow night afterwards; and ... I suspect it might help with the withdrawal symptoms as well!
    That'll have to wait until Saturday. Plenty more will be consumed by then too.

Edit: You noticed already. I might give it a go though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

4 hours and 15 minutes until freedom. I can't wait, but I know I won't be happy when I'm finished. I will just walk home like it was any other day, although the thought of being able to watch the World Cup games without feeling guilty has cheered me up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Ah well I know the feeling, I finished up yesterday and all day I felt nothing until I got home, sat down on the couch and it just hit me.

Trust me, the feeling of freedom is unbeatable, you just gotta be patient and wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Nah man no anti-climax here!!!finished on monday and had an unreal night in twon with the lads.Then for the first time in a year I recouperated in front of the playstation woithout any guilt of having to study.Out again on thursday and friday!!!!this is gonna be a great summer!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭klose

my room had 6 people doing chemistry in it, was just myself left near the end left 20 mins early felt no different, went home put the last of me books away and me uniform away, no different again, had shower and ate talked to family felt the exact same again was worried i was never gonna feel any way happy.....

met up with the lads 12 cans of bud for 12 quid a football, a garden and some decking chairs and i felt it then :D oh and a kebab as the night went on... i think ya can only realise how great it is when your with others who've finished also..

NOTE: I didnt drink all 12 cans, but whou could turn down an offer like that:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 LouiseZ

That exactly what I said the other day, I thought I'd be over the moon but I just don't give a crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RocketFalls

Not entirely sure this feeling will pass until August 18th. Still, you people seem fairly confident about getting your courses. Some of us have to live with the knowledge that even Fetac might be pushing it =/

I could get 585 and not get my course if I fail to get an A in App Maths. It all comes down to the last day!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I could get 585 and not get my course if I fail to get an A in App Maths. It all comes down to the last day!!!

Jaysus that's pressure! Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 clairebearxx

what course requires an A in applied maths?! best of luck!!:)

what course requires an A in applied maths?! best of luck!!:)
    It's a 4 year MMath in St. Andrews in Scotland. I need 4As and 1B, including As in Maths and Applied Maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ManUtdFan10

Finished....... I have wished for this day for so long. I had great celebrations in mind but now I don't feel like doing anything, not drinking, parties nothing. I am actually slightly sad, wasn't expecting this. Walking out of school for the last time was depressing. I was finished my exam then I just sat there for 20 mins cause I didn't want to leave, then I did.

...... hopefully I cheer up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i heard and read that their is a student is doing 30 subjects!
    is this true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

ayumi wrote: »
    i heard and read that their is a student is doing 30 subjects!
    is this true?
    This fella: http://www.youtube.com/user/LeavingCertificate

• Advertisement

what age is he,he looks old to do the leaving.
    also when will he finish

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

I dont know whether to feel happy or sad this minute... Happy that I finished it... Sad im leaving it..... Sad at my effort at it.......Happy cause of tonight
    haha so I think I will just stay in my confused mindset

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I finished on Tues evening.
    Really strange and it is without a doubt an anti-climax.
    An 'all that work for nothing' feeling studying for months and you only have 2hrs to prove what you know.

Can't wait for the summer to officially start when all of my friends are off too. My best friend is doing religion tomorrow so Friday night should be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

what age is he,he looks old to do the leaving.
    also when will he finish

He's a teacher in some school down in Waterford. Heard him on the radio.He's just doing it for fun!like all the mad subjects like Japanese and Hebrew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

I don't feel that it's an anti-climax in the slightest! Just got up there a while ago first lie-in I've had in about 3 months-had a great night out last night and we're having a massive celebratory party on Fri night, also I can now watch evry game in the World Cup without feeling guilty happy days!

Holysock wrote: »
    He's a teacher in some school down in Waterford. Heard him on the radio.He's just doing it for fun!like all the mad subjects like Japanese and Hebrew!
    seriously what is doing ! going back and doing the leaving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Holysock wrote: »

I taught he's doin' it for charity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Jaysus, I'd love to be back doing my last exam. You have the most exciting ten years of your life ahead of you, more freedom and craic than you've ever experienced. Enjoy it.

Yes, the LC is an anticlimax. In about 6 months time you won't even remember half the topics.

seriously what is doing ! going back and doing the leaving!
    He's doing it as an experiment I think ... Lord, who would want to though! >.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

the greatest feeling ever......

Advertisement