Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flip flops cutting between toes

• 22-06-2010 7:19pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, I said flip flops but right now I'm specifically referring to fit flops. I wear them for work and they're unbelievably comfortable and stop my legs aching from standing, but they rub the bit between my toes raw. It's not a real problem yet, but soon I'll be wearing the for 4 or 5 days straight, and I don't want them to actually break the skin. Is there anything I can do to stop them rubbing, or to protect that area? I don't want to wear plasters every day!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You can try putting plasters around the actual post. YOu can also get insoles which are like party feet but wrap around the post making it softer. I have to say, I just gave up on flip flops with toe posts and just go for the around the foot ones. Too much pain and cutting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Me too Pythia. I'd love a pair of Fit Flops but I'm afraid to pay that money if they're going to hurt!

The only flip-flops I can wear without cutting between my toes are the ones from Monsoon made with velvet:

http://www.monsoon.co.uk/Seagrass+Plain-Flip-Flops/Plain-Khaki-Seagrass-Flip-Flops/invt/69510232&bklist=icat,5,shop,accessorize,acczshoesandboots,acczseagrass

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭babygirlz

Faith wrote: »
    Right, I said flip flops but right now I'm specifically referring to fit flops. I wear them for work and they're unbelievably comfortable and stop my legs aching from standing, but they rub the bit between my toes raw. It's not a real problem yet, but soon I'll be wearing the for 4 or 5 days straight, and I don't want them to actually break the skin. Is there anything I can do to stop them rubbing, or to protect that area? I don't want to wear plasters every day!

Faith, I had this too last year but I stuck it out and now I am painfree and they never broke the skin.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Faith wrote: »

Scholl do these gel thingies that are to go around the toe post, they really help. They're part of the Party Feet range, and are in similar packaging.

These thingies

Advertisement