Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenburren Park, Tuam Road

Options
  • 22-06-2010 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Opinions on this area welcome.

Is it a quiet safe area to live in??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

I grew up there and I wouldn't go near the place! Only joking!

Its perfectly fine. Probably one of the quietest estates in Galway. 50 or so houses and a good few of them are rented. It used to be a big family estate with loads if kids running around the place. It's quieter now. The most exciting thing that happens is when Mr Whippy drives around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I live just beside it.

Houses not as new as where I live but it's quiet in terms of having normal people living there opposed to scum and delinquents.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Houses not as new as where I live but it's quiet in terms of having normal people living there opposed to scum and delinquents.

I always wondered where normal people lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you like quiet area with nothing much happening and the closest shops are two garages, go for it :) Oh and boy ricers going up and down the carriageway outside at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭jeoun

biko wrote: »
    If you like quiet area with nothing much happening and the closest shops are two garages, go for it :) Oh and boy ricers going up and down the carriageway outside at night.

Boy racers I can live with, it was a screaming baby at 5am that drove me out of my last place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Well you can never really tell how quiet or loud a place will be until you're moved in and it's too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Lived in Glenburren a few years ago, it was fine! never any problems with neighbors, traffic (except for turning into the estate from the roundabout) or the building itself... it is a distance from the nearest bus stop and cheap shops but no problem if you have transport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 androma

I have a friend from there and he's a bit of a knack

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

androma wrote: »
    I have a friend from there and he's a bit of a knack

Wow. Seems like someone likes to troll in all of their 5 posts...

One of my friends lives there. It seems really nice. You're within walking distance to Terryland/town (my opinion!) but still far enough away for a bit of peace. I grew up about 5 mins away so I like the area.

Advertisement