Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Youngs double chocolate stout.

• 22-06-2010 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭

Yuk!!! Why did I buy that!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Sonovagun wrote: »

I'll gladly take the unused bottles off your hands:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Hamndegger wrote: »
    I'll gladly take the unused bottles off your hands:D
    For?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Drinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sonovagun wrote: »
    Because you like chocolate, but unfortunately found out you do not like flavoursome stout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Murphyt

Oh Man, youngs double chocolate stout is beautiful, the last time I had it was christmas day in my back garden with my pipe when all where asleep, glorious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

It's a lovely chocolate stout. Great for cooking too - I love it in a steak pie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭ollaetta

A fantastic stout from a great brewery! Wouldn't mind having a few within reach just now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Fajitas! wrote: »
    It's a lovely chocolate stout. Great for cooking too - I love it in a steak pie :)

Good idea, might try that some time.

I quite like the drink in question, wasn't that impressed by its stouty taste or lack of at the beginning of drinking, but the chocolate aftertaste is amazing. Anyone know how its made?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Anyone know how its made?
    Chocolate syrup and, I'm guessing, lots of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,185 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Way too Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate for me, although I kinda like about half a bottle or less pretty cold!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

BeerNut wrote: »
    Chocolate syrup and, I'm guessing, lots of it.

Aww, I was hoping there was something super sekrit about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I think its a lovely chocolate stout. I quite like a bottle now and again. Though, I couldn't drink it all night.
    Aww, I was hoping there was something super sekrit about it.

I've read that they use a small bit of real chocolate in the boil and also some chocolate extract.

I've used chocolate extract in a stout at bottling before and it gives the stout a lovely chocolate aroma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

I used it to make last years Christmas puddings - gave them a real lift altogether.

Funnily enough I was having a nice glass of Beamish last night and discovered that it goes very well with 85% Lindt chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

lovely stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Young's is delish. To the OP, I didn't like it all that much the first time I tasted it, it takes a while to grow on you. Try some other unflavoured stouts and come back to Youngs in a year.

Advertisement