Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Polaroid help.

• 22-06-2010 7:52pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping someone can help me with this :)

I know some of the fuji pack film works in some Polaroid cameras - I think.

I have these cameras:

img0177gv.jpg

img0178oc.jpg

img0179aa.jpg

I did buy this film cos the guy selling it told me it would work in the middle camera there, but alas no joy.

img0176sb.jpg

Is there any of the fuji films that will work in any of those cameras, or what camera should I try get to use the fuji films with? (Doesn't have to be the film pictured).

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

Where'd you get them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

The cameras?

The first two off ebay and the last one off adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

That fp100c -should- afaik work in the top two cameras (assuming the top camera is a type 100 and not a type 80). The third one is either a 600 or a spectra, so original polaroid film is impossibly expensive. There is a company that has re made the film for them but, frankly, it simply doesn't work so forget about it.

Google for instructions on how to load the fuji into the 104. Look for "type 100 loading instructions" or something similar. I know there's some illustrated polaroid guide on the net somewhere. It can be a bit tricky to get right the first time.

-ah- after some googling, the instant 20 takes type 80 film, so you're out of luck there.

Actually, youtube might be best here. Here's one random one plucked out of the crowd...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j87o9WAdaYI&feature=related

And there's a bunch of others linked there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

From what I gather from a quick google, the Fuji Film is peel apart and therefore does not contain the battery pack required to set off the Polaroid camera's. The best bet would be on the Polaroid Landcamera me reckons - I think they used to operate peel apart film?

TBH there doesnt seem to be too much information available in regards to compatibility - as a general rule: Fuji doenst work on Polaroid and the other way around (with a few exceptions off course :o).

I'd say your best option is to source a cheapo Fuji Instant Camera because that film is very delicious!

sNarah wrote: »
    From what I gather from a quick google, the Fuji Film is peel apart and therefore does not contain the battery pack required to set off the Polaroid camera's. The best bet would be on the Polaroid Landcamera me reckons - I think they used to operate peel apart film?

TBH there doesnt seem to be too much information available in regards to compatibility - as a general rule: Fuji doenst work on Polaroid and the other way around (with a few exceptions off course :o).

I'd say your best option is to source a cheapo Fuji Instant Camera because that film is very delicious!

Polaroid film comes (or rather came) in two flavours. Peel apart and integral. The integral stuff was the stuff with the battery in the film pack, and the cameras that eject the film for it to develop in front of you.
    Fuji also has integral film but it's incompatible with pola cams.

The peel apart stuff is different. The most popular polaroid peel apart was type 100, which was about 3x3 3/4 inches or so. Fuji still manufacture type 100 film that is directly compatible with anything that took the polaroid film (slight differences in speed notwithstanding). So that pack of fuji 100 should work fine in that 104.
    The instant 20 took type 80 which was similar to type 100 but had a square image. Type 80 can fit in type 100 cameras, but not the other way 'round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

The third one is either a 600 or a spectra, so original polaroid film is impossibly expensive. There is a company that has re made the film for them but, frankly, it simply doesn't work so forget about it.

Is that the impossible project? Does it really not work? I bought a 600 for the sister recently and was hoping it'd feed off that film....

Prenderb wrote: »
    Is that the impossible project? Does it really not work? I bought a 600 for the sister recently and was hoping it'd feed off that film....

Not really no. They're still experimenting, and selling it to suckers with overhyped hipster marketing nonsense. There are all kinds of problems, ranging from bursting film packs, to splotches, to crystalline marks that grow on the shots, to the neccesity of keeping them completely protected from light for a few minutes after they eject. In addition loads of them are now fading after only a couple of weeks. So yeah they don't really work.
    Hopefully they'll get the problems sorted at some point though. Whether or not they're still a going concern at that point is another question.

Advertisement