Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car parking in Naas

Options
  • 22-06-2010 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi there,

Im wondering if there is anywhere I could park in naas that I would not have to pay for. Im working in axa on the main street and dont want to have to pay for the multi-story car park.:mad: @ €65 per month it is not cheap.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

You can buy monthly passes from Naas Town Council for the car parks at Fairgreen and the old swimming pool (possibly other locations too, im not sure) for €40 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Curlz24

Where is the Fairgreen car park and the Hedermans car park in Naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Fairgreen is the one behind Eurospar. Ive never heard of Hedermans but it might be one of the ones on Friary Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Wasn't Hederman's the old coal yard, up beside the Storehouse? In which case it is the Friary Rd one. I thought the charge there was a flat €4 per day regardless of how long you spent in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

You can use the car park beside Ballycane Church for free-would be a bit of an extra walk though.

• Advertisement

Oh I dont mind he walk! Where is Ballycane church car park??

Up from the hospital in the opposite direction from Fairgreen. Youd be looking at probably 20-30 minute walk to Axa from there. The way I walk anyway!

Gosh that is a long walk! Maybe a bit too long.

Does anybody know the situation with the car park beside the church near
    Graces pub in Naas?

Curlz24 wrote: »
    Gosh that is a long walk! Maybe a bit too long.

Does anybody know the situation with the car park beside the church near
    Graces pub in Naas?

When the barrier is up its free. When its down it costs €2 to get in. Ive no idea if there is a limit to how long you can park there tho; its the church car park so you might not be allowed to park there all day.

Im trying to think but Im struggling to think of anywhere else thats free to park in Naas. Its pretty much all pay parking these days. Unless you were to park in one of the estates like Sundays Well, but again Im not sure how good an idea that is or whether youd get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Park in Naas Industrial estate (about a 10 min walk to where axa is)
    Free to park there and should be ratively safe enough what with all the various businesses.

Does your work not provide any sort of parking place?

The retail parks are also free to park in (up at Harvey Normans or the one at Woodies/smiths toys etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

thats a 2km walk, fail play if ya do that in 10 mins

None of the industrial estates or retails parks are realistically within walking distance of Axa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

djimi wrote: »
    None of the industrial estates or retails parks are realistically within walking distance of Axa.
    Firstly, remind me where Axa is ls? Maybe I'm wrong but is it not on the tesco/marks and sparks end of town? If not, I stand corrected!

In fairness I've never personally walked it guys, but surely Naas industrial estate (between Dennisons and the race course) should be walkable?

Failing that, advertise for a parking space at someones gaff in one of the estates, offer a few bob a month and surely someone would take you up?

Yeah Axa is across the road from M&S. Trust me, it aint a 10 minute walk from that or any other industrial/retail park! Id say thats at least a 20 minute walk, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

check it on google, its 2km

Where would I need to advertise in order too see if anyone in an estate near there would be willing to "rent me a space" ???

You could try the Leinster Leader maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 liz11

Problem solved just get the bus into naas. It runs from all over kildare to naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Did you find anywhere?
    Try the post office up the blessington road its free and less than 10 mins.

Advertisement