Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC higher lever Music!

• 22-06-2010 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

heya lads and lassies!
    so finally Im almost done, about time =]! Just music left....so my question is what is everyone studying? Im not looking for an A1 just a nice pass I reackon i passed with the practical but just incase i need to do okayish in the written and listening, so if anyone has any tips or links or notes please help as Ive done nothing!

thanks guys :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dirty Frank

Shooby do de do do dooooooooo! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭pinkyc

thanks im going to need it

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dididrama

oh wow, thank you
    this is a great link!
    =]

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Pineapple123

ooooooohhhhhhhhhoooooohhhhhhhhh LOVING MS BLACKS BASIC THEORY NOTES!!! :D

• Advertisement

me too I'm reading up on them atm,
    and thinking to myself why didnt i come across them before =[

If only I had seen 'em earlier....there might be some chance for me! :p

are you doing a music exam tomorrow too??

Indeed I am!! Dreading it! Whoever thinks music is "an easy A"...oh how wrong are you! Ahh but I suppose we've half the exam done so it's not too bad...

i no lol the amount of ppl that have been saying to me sure your good at music youll be fine! but i can do the practical side NOT the theory side =[ unfortunately! haha! yeah exactly we have 50% done so im sure we've past that, so we just gotta turn up tomorrow and look pretty =]

• Advertisement

Yep! Fingers crossed! Well good luck tomorrow....hopefully a nice major melody in Cmajor will come up, a nice major harmony with a simple bass line, and a bitta Deane, and it shouldn't be too bad...but what's the likelihood of that?!

hahah stop dreaming, i dont think anyone would be so lucky! best of luck! =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Shortsighted

Can't wait for tomorrow 4.30ish.
    Oh, to be free of all care and woe........and Deane :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 a_coe

Can't wait for tomorrow 4.30ish.
    Oh, to be free of all care and woe........and Deane :rolleyes:

Me either, finally be rid of all the books and notes.

We had 3 teachers in the past two years so I'm not very hopeful about Music, just looking for a C

http://www.ppmta.ie/
    ^ go to resources, set B and all the works are there
    there's a PDF for Irish Music too

ooooooohhhhhhhhhoooooohhhhhhhhh LOVING MS BLACKS BASIC THEORY NOTES!!! :D

Thanks! I am Ms Black btw. I don't want to make it seem like I'm advertising myself on boards but I think my site is pretty helpful so I thought I'd throw ye all a link. Hopefully I'm not breaking any boards rules...

thanks =]!
    i cant wait either tbh, ive listened to my set works well kinder and i know how to do my base question and thats about it, but the sad thing is i really dont care. we've passed already with the practical so woohoo =]! man its a good feeling a few more hours and we're free!
    just wonder if i can sell my music books and make some money they were really expensive to buy this year!!!

its almost here...... hello summer =]

pinkyc wrote: »
    thanks =]!
    i cant wait either tbh, ive listened to my set works well kinder and i know how to do my base question and thats about it, but the sad thing is i really dont care. we've passed already with the practical so woohoo =]! man its a good feeling a few more hours and we're free!
    just wonder if i can sell my music books and make some money they were really expensive to buy this year!!!

its almost here...... hello summer =]

They won't be used again for another three years. Maybe hang on to them and try then. I've been meaning to try to set up some kind of second hand book selling/buying link between my students and perhaps some randomers on the internet...

ms black your amaziing thanks for the link! while reading i kept thinking man your students are very lucky to have a teacher like you =]! damn i was hoping i'd get a bit of pocket money =[ i might hold on to them but then i dunno if its really worth it! do you have any last minute tips for tomorrow??

I don't predict cos I'd hate to say one thing and then have another some up. If I was held over the edge of a cliff and had to predict something I'd say minor harmony, upbeat melody (major or minor) and listening Q1 Seachanges.

For all listening questions Q1-4 and Q6 read the question carefully and ask yourself "what are they looking for?" - most common and silliest mistake made by vast majority every year.

Description Questions ("describe the music in this section") write categories in the margin and go through each until you find something you can hear and write down: instruments, accompaniment, texture, comp. techniques, instrumental techniques, dynamics etc.

Ok that's me done! I'm not saying anymore!

I feel nervous about publishing that online already!

• Advertisement

oh crap im sorry! thanks so much for that =] but if you feel more comfortable take it off i dont no how to sorry im kind of only learning how to use boards. sorry about you feeling nervous =[ but thanks for your great help i really do appreciate it all =]

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NR

dididrama wrote: »
    I don't predict cos I'd hate to say one thing and then have another some up. If I was held over the edge of a cliff and had to predict something I'd say minor harmony, upbeat melody (major or minor) and listening Q1 Seachanges.

That is the most terrifying prediction you could make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 abc12

I really, really hope q.1 is not Berlioz!!!!! ANYTHING but Berlioz!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

abc12 wrote: »
    I really, really hope q.1 is not Berlioz!!!!! ANYTHING but Berlioz!!!!!!!!!!

even mozart movement 3??;)

Oh my god Ms Black!! Where have you been for the last year of my life?! I totally agree...your students are a lucky bunch! Oh if only you had been my teacher...you seem to know what you're talkin about...unlike two teachers I've had! Thanks for the tips!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 scherzo!

Quick question. Do the first inversions of chords have the same progressions as the non-first inversions of chords? I could prolly find out from my music teacher tomorrow during the break but if someone could answer now, it'd be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Leeroyf2

I just need to see a Minor melody if anyone has one can I see it please I don't want to fail :(

Advertisement