Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help for my little black dress

• 22-06-2010 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi all!

So...I just bought a black dress for a wedding (uh oh I hear you all cry)...but I'm having a little bother trying to figure out accessories and shoes!

So basically, I think I need to go for bright bright bright accessories...but I'm wondering, could I perhaps go for some dark tights with the dress? Im not one for getting my pins out very often...

And also, with the shoes...any ideas for colours? Anyone reckon I could go for wedges? Im not too great at walking in heels!

Some ideas would be fantastic!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Why don't you funk it up with something like these?

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=124915&parent_category_rn=124912&productId=1417879&langId=-1

And then some statement jewellery with pearls and the like. Classy and funky at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Red or silver accesories would go well with it I'd say,or gold,depending on your skin tone.

If you are bringing a bag you could get a nice bright one if you keep your jewellery neutral like.
    For example,I wore this out a while ago,black dress,silver jewelry and a little turquise bag,really makes a difference when you wear black!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

It would depend on the style of the dress whether or not wedges would go with it. A nice simple court shoe could be just as easy to walk in though.

If you're looking fro something bright what about orange & pink accessories? It would really stand outfrom the dress and add some colour to your outfit. Maybe something along the lines of these...

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=17612197image1xxlu.jpg

(Both from Oasis/Asos)

image1xxla.jpgimage1xxlq.jpg

(Both from Asos)

screenshot102w.jpgscreenshot103zs.jpg

(Both from M&S)

Also, with such bright accessories you could get away with the dark tights if you really want to cover up your legs. :)

Advertisement