Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Here Seems only place I can type this * I *

• 22-06-2010 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

The capitol I with the two cross tails only seem to appear here.....I'm trying to type in anPost tracking number which has an I in it but it just shows as l, i'm using shift and i key.....:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

is this a trick question?

upper L and lower l
    upper I and lower i

different fonts display them differently. the an post thing wasn't even case sensitive last i used it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

no I'm not messing....I just tried it in a word doc and its grand....but it doesn't want to work on some web sites, weird.

This only happens on spare keyboard which I use instead of laptop keyboard....just checked on laptop keyboard and quite a few of the letter keys are typing as numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

But its still being read as a capital i? As Random said, its a difference in the font used by different websites. Is the tracking number not working in an Post?

lil_lisa wrote: »
    But its still being read as a capital i? As Random said, its a difference in the font used by different websites. Is the tracking number not working in an Post?

nope it just doesn't respond at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Well then there's something wrong with the website, it has nothing got to do with the font. If it was reading in an incorrect letter it would tell you that it doesn't recognise the number. Make sure you hit the enter key after putting in the number

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

danjo-xx wrote: »
    no I'm not messing....I just tried it in a word doc and its grand....but it doesn't want to work on some web sites, weird.

This only happens on spare keyboard which I use instead of laptop keyboard....just checked on laptop keyboard and quite a few of the letter keys are typing as numbers.

Number lock on?

I'm always messing up my typing on laptop by accidentally turning on Num Lock :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try writing the number correctly in Word/Notepad and copy/paste over.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Number lock on?

I'm always messing up my typing on laptop by accidentally turning on Num Lock :P

yup didn't realaise it could cause big problems..... after googling around I hit numlock on 2nd keyboard and now laptop keys are back to normal.

Also got into on anpost with tracking number as a stg l and thanks for your help folks.:)

Advertisement