Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting posts/account

Options
  • 22-06-2010 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

If I were to delete my boards.ie account would all my old post disappear? Over drinks at the week a friend said they use boards.ie so would like to delete some posts or even delete my account as I may get recognised! Cringe.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Hi, you can contact hello@boards.ie regarding deleting your account, I'm not sure if all your posts will be deleted though.

You could also pm the mods of the forums you have posted any identifiable info on and see if they will delete posts.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Posts are not deleted when an account is closed as it is far too disruptive to the flow of however many threads you've posted on. However, as Silverfish said, if there are any posts in particular causing you concern, the mods of the forum may delete the odd post or snip your personal details from a post.

Advertisement