Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silicon spray - Where to get?

Options
  • 22-06-2010 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

I know that Silicon Spray is sold in most DIY/Motorfactors, but does anyone know anywhere in Galway that sells it for definite?

Thanks folks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I buy it in bulk from Wurths, based in Limnerick with a 2-3 day delivery.
    Caulfields cary it as well as do most industrial suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

galwayrush wrote: »
    I buy it in bulk from Wurths, based in Limnerick with a 2-3 day delivery.
    Caulfields cary it as well as do most industrial suppliers.

Brilliant, will pop out to Caulfields tomorrow.... saves running around checking where has it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Is that the one in the tube that you use the silicon gun with? If so, Flaherty Markets sell it too.

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Is that the one in the tube that you use the silicon gun with? If so, Flaherty Markets sell it too.

Nope, Silicon Spray is a spray that lubes things like rails etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Nope, Silicon Spray is a spray that lubes things like rails etc.

Would that be good on a squeaky car window?

• Advertisement

Would that be good on a squeaky car window?

Yup, thats part of the reason i'm getting some. Spray is onto the window guides. Don't be afraid of it making a mess, it's not greasy and will dry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Yup, thats part of the reason i'm getting some. Spray is onto the window guides. Don't be afraid of it making a mess, it's not greasy and will dry

Sweet, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I got me some in Aldi and used on sunroof rails in car and door hinges around the house.
    Excellent stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Window seals and rubber guides?This is the stuff you want - I got mine in Calbro on the Tuam road.

holts-rubber-and-nylon-lubricant-low.png

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Just out of interest, what other uses would silicone spray have?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Commonly used in Joinery workshops to reduce friction on the tables of power tools such as planers and spindle moulders... (where you must push timber over the blades steadily for an even cut)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jolter

biko wrote: »
    I got me some in Aldi and used on sunroof rails in car and door hinges around the house.
    Excellent stuff.

can you tell us long back was that and is it still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

spender.j wrote: »
    Commonly used in Joinery workshops to reduce friction on the tables of power tools such as planers and spindle moulders... (where you must push timber over the blades steadily for an even cut)

That's what we use it for.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

kenmonu wrote: »
    can you tell us long back was that and is it still available.
    Was a few months ago I think but have a look next time you're in Lidl, it's called W5 Silicone Oil. Not sure whether it was in Lidl or Aldi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭nerophis

You can buy that stuff in the Great Outdoors on Eglington st- its in the diving/camping section upstairs- its used for lubricating zips

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Just out of interest, what other uses would silicone spray have?
    Doomsday Machine.

Advertisement