Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Book value of Peugeot 206

• 22-06-2010 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Just wondering how would you go about getting book value for a 2003 Peugeot 206, 1.1 engine?

Friend had hers written off by Insurers but she's not sure if what they're offering is fair!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,524 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd say around €3500 if it was average miles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

That's what I thought too, and it seems to be what they are selling for. But I do know that Insurers only give the book value and not the selling value of the car. She's been offered €2,600 but isn't happy with that amount. To be honest I don't think she'll get much more out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Motorcheck

Feel free to PM me the reg and mileage and I'll generate a Motorcheck value for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Cheers mate, getting them off her now so will pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Go back to the insurance company and squeeze them for more. Aim for close to €3k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Motorcheck

Here's the value from Motorcheck. For insurance purposes I'd look at the private values. Also, bear in mind that the Insurance company will probably factor in a 'replacement cost' - i.e. the cost of buying you a 'like for like' vehicle. A number of insurers actually provide this service now. It may be worth asking them about it?

picture.php?albumid=1266&pictureid=6613

Advertisement