Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching Biology

• 22-06-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Im just looking for some advice here so I hope someone can help me out...

Basically I really want to be a biology teacher when I'm finished college, I've just passed 1st year bio-chem in UCC and thinking about my options for next year, basically I can

1) do biological sciences (recognised by TC to teach biology)
    2) do chemistry pharmecutical compounds (recognised to teach biology and chemistry)

the only problem is I dont really like chemistry and hate the thought of getting stuck teaching it, but is teaching just biology going to be good enough to get me a job? Are biology teachers in demand? I would of course have JC science aswel and I've done maths in 1st year and will again in 3rd year so would JC maths be a possibility (I dont do enough credits to qualify to LC level) ?

Also could someone explain the whole postgrad in education? I mean where can I do it, how do I get in etc.

Thanks..:)

Advertisement