Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrectly charged by AerLingus for reschedule of flights cause of Ash Cloud

Options
  • 22-06-2010 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey just wondering if anyone had any similar situations with AerLingus over this??

I was flying back from Paris back in May and our flight was cancelled due to the Ash Cloud, I got online to rebook the AerLingus site was working but kept telling me that it would cost €620 for the rescheduling, the site then crashed and when I finally got onto it again was getting the same price. Needing to get home for work I booked the flights assuming (stupid I know) that AerLingus would be aware of the issues with their site but a few days later was still charged €620 by Aer Lingus for the reschedule.

From their website I was given a fax number or an address to send in info about my problem, theres no number to call at all.....I sent a fax off back in May giving the details and my contact number and still havent heard anything back from them....

Any advice??????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

sue345 wrote: »
    Hey just wondering if anyone had any similar situations with AerLingus over this??

I was flying back from Paris back in May and our flight was cancelled due to the Ash Cloud, I got online to rebook the AerLingus site was working but kept telling me that it would cost €620 for the rescheduling, the site then crashed and when I finally got onto it again was getting the same price. Needing to get home for work I booked the flights assuming (stupid I know) that AerLingus would be aware of the issues with their site but a few days later was still charged €620 by Aer Lingus for the reschedule.

From their website I was given a fax number or an address to send in info about my problem, theres no number to call at all.....I sent a fax off back in May giving the details and my contact number and still havent heard anything back from them....

Any advice??????

Same happened to me, called the website helpdesk:
    0818 365044 08:00 - 18:30

Took about 3 days for a refund to my card, they apologised for the error and said there was problems with the site.

Contact number is here:
    http://www.aerlingus.com/help/contactus/

Advertisement