Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horse abuse

Options
  • 22-06-2010 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

where would i go to report abuse of horses, id prefer to do it with out people knowing who reported it if possible, a neighbour has horses in a field near me, they are always wandering the road, and i think one or more maybe dead, my dog brought home a part of a horses leg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jjjade

hey there

if you look at my post 'horse in housing estate' you will see i have had the same issue. i first rang dspca who directed my to the council, who directed me to the council pound.

i would suggest raise your concerns with your local animal rescue center, they will direct you to another contact if its not in their area. they will have contacts as they want all animals helped even if their organiasation doesnt cover eg horses they will have some1 that will help you.

hope this is helpful. oh and if you read my post the update is the horse is still there.... council did nothin! i moved estate for work reasons but i go to visit my ex housemate and the horse is still there. just be adment about it really!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

What happened to the rest of this thread please?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Contact your local SPCA or the gardai and they will further contact an SPCA.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 8 sjquaid

You must go to the gardai as well. Shelters are so overrun at the moment that they rarely act now without the guards intervention. You can raise your concern about staying anonymous with them also!! Please let me know how you get on. I have horses of my own & think this cruelty has to stop!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

Unfortunately if the owners are gippos there is no point in reporting it or getting annoyed about it - the guards place it below other responsibilities and gippos get away with it (reported or not)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055885489

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 8 sjquaid

Wow,
    guys I really dont know. Its just feckin sick if you ask me....I have very little money after losing my job 6 months ago but still have all my animals in good condition!! They sometimes get fed before meself!!!:mad:

Advertisement