Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chubb FC - Cork City - looking for applicants.

Options
  • 22-06-2010 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all, Im hoping to set up a 5 a side match for lads who are overweight who would like to play football at the same pace as the rest.
    Maybe you feel uncomfortable playin against lads who are fitter or maybe you are sick of being out of breath after 5 minutes.

Im 16.5 stone myself and a heavy smoker, completely unfit.
    But i love playing football and i never get the chance any more.

What im proposing is a 5 a side game in cork city with lads who are over 16odd stone.
    Id book an indoor pitch for a bit of privacy and we could just have a game at a decent pace.

If anyone would be interested in getting a bit fitter, a bit of fun and not feeling out of place, then im hoping this could be a very good idea.

Let me know if you are interested and hopefully i can get this off the ground!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 oswaldo

well this went down well :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

oswaldo wrote: »
    well this went down well :mad:

Ah give it a day or 2 at least op :)

SomeFool wrote: »
    Ah give it a day or 2 at least op :)

CHEERS.:D

FOOOOOTBALLL!!!!!!!!!!

I'm only 15 and a half stone, if I go to McDs for a fortnight I might make the 16 stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I would have been interested but wrecked my knees again before Christmas. I went back playing 5 aside against the before mentioned young fella's and my old knee injuries came back. I couldnt do it any longer. I think its a great idea, I could not keep up with the speed of these little f**ker's. I kept having to smash them into the wall - that was pretty satisfying alright.:D

• Advertisement

murphym7 wrote: »
    I would have been interested but wrecked my knees again before Christmas. I went back playing 5 aside against the before mentioned young fella's and my old knee injuries came back. I couldnt do it any longer. I think its a great idea, I could not keep up with the speed of these little f**ker's. I kept having to smash them into the wall - that was pretty satisfying alright.:D

Exactly the type of guy who should do this then!!
    A slower pace and no hangups.
    Im an average footballer.you could be pele for all i know but if you cant run more then 4 foot, then we would be evenly matched!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

I'd be seriously interested in this if i am moving back to Cork,i'll know if i am by the end of July at the latest.

Work reasons for me possibly moving back.

Mr.Mister wrote: »
    I'd be seriously interested in this if i am moving back to Cork,i'll know if i am by the end of July at the latest.

Work reasons for me possibly moving back.

Brilliant.

That's 6 i have now. :)

Advertisement