Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cables cables cables!

Options
  • 22-06-2010 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

I have a Novation NIO audio interface and a pair of Rokit RP8's that i have connected via an unbalanced rca phono to phono lead. It's not the best quality cable but nevertheless I'm getting a buzz. Not only that but even if i have my output level at 0 on the Noavation, I'm still hearing something slight from the left speaker! Can anyone tell me why?

Anyway, I'm considering getting some new cables, but I really havent the foggiest about them. I was thinking male rca phono on the Novation, to male xlr on the Rokit. I'm aware that the phono on the Novation is unbalanced, but I don't really know if thats a problem or what.

Anyone have any advise please!?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

it's not the cable that's doing it, it's more than likely the fact your speaker is not earthed!

I bought krk 5's back in january, and i was highly disgusted to find out they came with euro 2 pin plugs.

and yes, i did buy them in ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

hmm, might be the case!
    Nevertheless, is a phono to xlr cable a good idea? or what?
    Is it a problem that it's unbalanced to balanced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

my rokit6's have a 3 pin kettle lead and are earthed, i got a buzz off them when using a laptop with a non isolated power supply, if your using a laptop, unplug the power adapter and see if the buzz disappears, the solution was to buy a double isolated laptop power supply, they have this symbol on them doubleinsulation.gif

Advertisement