Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering North Dublin

• 22-06-2010 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi, I hate to repeat what's been said in other threads but I'm looking to volunteer but I'm finding it difficult to find a suitable place.

I'm getting over an illness, and after a year out I'm looking to get back to reality so to speak. I've time on my hands, I'm willing and pretty capable.
    I can't drive so I'm limited to public transport. so that means north Dublin/city centre or the southside on the dart line.

I've no prefrence regarding type of volunteering, I registering on volunteering Ireland, but had no luck. Any and All suggestions welcome! Thank you!

P.s. I'm a 22 year old female.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

what kind of volunteer work would interest you?For example on the dart line I can think on the RNLI stations that are always looking for volunteers in the stations themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Run

Have a look on http://www.creativecareers.ie/intern_volunteer/ theyre always looking for all kinds of volunteers

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Delicate_Dlite

Thanks for the link Run!

Well any type to be fair, I don't really have any skills/qualifications. I'm more of a general dogsbody. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Whereabouts in North Dublin are you - pm if you prefer. Would you be interested in doing some youth work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭albeit

What about Ruhama (www.ruhama.ie)

Ruhama volunteers bring a great diversity of skills and talents which provide a unique contribution to the organisation. They are an integral part of the team and work alongside staff in the achievement of the mission of the organisation.

Volunteering opportunities include outreach, development and education, befriending and much more.

Volunteer training programmes are organised regularly

if you would like to contact us you can email volunteer@ruhama.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement