Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 Season 3 Premiership

Options
  • 22-06-2010 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

The new season is nearly upon us, this year there will be 2 leagues, the Premiership and the Championship, with the premiership being the higher league. There will be 4 automatical promotion places and 4 relegations places, this is to keep both leagues fresh with different players each season.
    The teams for this league consist of 5* and 4.5* teams and have been drawn randomly. As per usual fixtures will be posted on a Wednesday and should be completed within that week and please read the rules below, they are there so the league doesn't go into disarray. Any queries PM myself or thewools

The Draw

Chelsea - colly54
    Man Utd - Philt27
    Arsenal - Ascension-X
    Liverpool - joe2772
    Barcelona - ManYooFan1
    Real Madrid - Uroboric
    Inter - thewools
    B. Munich - polarbearhead
    Man City - conco27
    Spurs - CapRooney
    AC Milan - czam2007
    Juventus - AhaShake

Now let's all hockey thewools out of it!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

RULES:

In order to maintain the league, a number of rules have been laid out. Any violations of this code of conduct can be sent to the league co-ordinators (Crosáidí/thewools) and each issue will be investigated.

1) Disconnections
    No player is allowed to intentionally disconnect for any reason. Any disconnections during a league game must be made known to the league co-ordinators. However, accidental disconnections do occur and the rules have been written to take this into account. If a player disconnects while they are winning, a rematch is immediately scheduled. However, if a player disconnects while drawing or losing the game, a walkover is awarded to the other player. Each player is responsible for their own connection. These rules are final and the cause of the disconnect is irrelevant once it occurs, no exceptions will be given so do not contact players directly looking for a rematch.

2) Last man tackling
    Fifa 10 is a soccer simulation and while slide tackling is encouraged when needed, intentional attempts to take out the last man (an attacking player that only has the keeper to beat) will not be tolerated. A defender is allowed to slide in from the side as there is a good chance that he will win the ball. However, when someone slides in from directly behind (from the 5-7 O'Clock positions) and the striker is between the defender and the ball, this will not be tolerated. Players like this can usually be indentified by a low foul:card ratio.

3) Settings
    While this rule is unenforcable, each player is expected to have all assistance settings on default.

4) Holidays
    If a player is going away on holidays and unable to play their fixtures for a short period then they must contact the co-ordinators in advance and let them know. They will post on the fixtures thread a note to allow that player to play the games for the weeks he is away in advance. Only those fixtures can be played in advance and any others will be void if played.

5) Unplayed fixtures
    Due to the amount of unplayed fixtures in previous season we will be bringing in a new rule to make sure people make an effort to play their games. We will have intervals in the season such as the half-way point (we will post specific dates before the season begins) where we will look at the numbers of games played. Players will be expected to have a set amount of games played by this time. If a player has failed to play this amount of games they will be docked 3 points. Every player is responsible for their own fixtures and getting them played. If you find a player is not responding to your messages about organising fixtures then contact the co-ordinators.

6) People Quitting Mid Season
    Due to various reasons we have players who sometimes are unable to complete the league season. In the case of these players any remaining fixtures they have will be awarded a walkover to their opponent. Any games played previously will stand as at this stage the person was still active in the league. If a player quits they are automatically placed at the bottom of the table and will take one of the relegation places at the end of the season. This allows us to keep a group of players in each league who are dedicated to playing their games and making the season enjoyable for everyone involved.

7) Arranging Fixtures
    If you are arranging to play a weekly fixture, post on boards.ie to arrange it with your opponent, this will show the league co-ordinators that you have attempted to contact and play your opponent. You can re-inforce your attempts by sending PMs on boards.ie and PSN after you have posted your request to play. If your opponent doesn't respond to your requests, you may be awarded the points.

8) Walkovers
    Walkovers are generally a 3-0 win, if however you are playing and a disconnection happens and you are winning by a magin of more than 3 goals then that result will stand

© Mr Moon & Axwell 2009
    Rules printed by kind permission from owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

:(

League name: Boards Premiership
    abbrev: bprem
    password
    bprem

Aha Shake wrote: »
    :(

You can blame my nephew, he picked you out of the hat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

czam2007 you joined the wrong league mate?

• Advertisement

No I didn't, I had to join your league so I can watch over ye and make sure ye aren't up to no good ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Crosáidí wrote: »
    No I didn't, I had to join your league so I can watch over ye and make sure ye aren't up to no good ;)

Get it now, thanks for clearing that up haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

just 4 up 4 down ... or will there be play off for ny of them positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I approve of this draw, :pac:.

colly54 wrote: »
    just 4 up 4 down ... or will there be play off for ny of them positions?

No play-offs for relegation/Promotion

• Advertisement

Aresnal v Milan
    B. Munich v R. Madrid
    Barcalona v Man Utd
    Chelsea v Man City
    Inter v Liverpool
    Juventus v Spurs

Milan v B. Munich
    Liverpool v Juventus
    Man City v Inter
    Man Utd v Chelsea
    R. Madrid v Barcelona
    Aresnal v Spurs

B. Munich v Aresnal
    Barcelona v Milan
    Chelsea v R. Madrid
    Inter v Man Utd
    Juventus v Man City
    Liverpool v Spurs

Conco , philt or uroboric want to play now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

LEAGUE TABLE AND FIXTURES

http://boardsfifaleague3.leaguerepublic.com/

Fixtures for full season all on site. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

unfortunately i have a little thing called work to get in the way of my fifa career. ill be on tonight if you want to play then

alanc2003 wrote: »
    unfortunately i have a little thing called work to get in the way of my fifa career. ill be on tonight if you want to play then

I wish i could say the same haha

Please post all Results on this thread as soon as possible after a game.

Also I would recommend the following to everyone within this league:
    • Subscribe to this thread - hence you will get email alerts of all new posts. Go to Thread Tools at the top of the Thread and subscribe if you wish.
    • Add all League members as friends on PSN. You will then see opponent online / offline and be able to contact via PSN.
    • Arrange game times either via PM on boards, PSN or on this thread.
    I hope this league is as successful as season 2 and everyone continues to play on regardless of the result.

BTW I am not afraid to wield the axe; if players disobey the rules or make no attempt to play their games: I WILL FORFEIT your games and BAN you from any future leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

thewools wrote: »
    Please post all Results on this thread as soon as possible after a game.

Also I would recommend the following to everyone within this league:
    • Subscribe to this thread - hence you will get email alerts of all new posts. Go to Thread Tools at the top of the Thread and subscribe if you wish.
    • Add all League members as friends on PSN. You will then see opponent online / offline and be able to contact via PSN.
    • Arrange game times either via PM on boards, PSN or on this thread.
    I hope this league is as successful as season 2 and everyone continues to play on regardless of the result.

BTW I am not afraid to wield the axe; if players disobey the rules or make no attempt to play their games: I WILL FORFEIT your games and BAN you from any future leagues.
    I am also not afraid to WIELD the AXE, get ready for some.... axe wielding when we play woolsie!!! ;):(

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

I wish i could say the same haha
    Yea ill be on later after the match...ya dosser Colly!!!

Can't play today lad, sorry. Might be around later this evening, but it's doubtful to be honest. Will be around from about 4ish tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

i hope bayern dont have any mexicans in their squad!ill try and be on after the world cup tonight

• Advertisement

Chelsea 5-2 Man city

Bayern Munich 0-3 Real Madrid

Chelsea 0-1 Real Madrid

chelsea 0-1 real madrid i hate playing against madrid on fifa.... usually because ppl play the pass 2 ronaldo nd run tactic but in fairness to uroboric i hardly noticed ronaldo haha ..... uroboric played well and was solid in defence .... deserved the win ... have to practice with chelsea more

LEAGUE TABLE UPDATED:

Only 3 games played so far guys...

Plus I havnt seen Phil, joe2772, ManYooFan1 and few others online in ages. Can we start arranging games ASAP guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

LEAGUE TABLE UPDATED:

Plus I havnt seen Phil, joe2772, ManYooFan1 and few others online in ages. Can we start arranging games ASAP guys?

thats terrible guys, take a look at the championship for an example! running very smoothly at present!!! :D

LEAGUE TABLE UPDATED:

/takes screenshot

That won't last! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

LEAGUE TABLE UPDATED:

joe2772 internet is down at the moment probably wont be till next week before they get the thing fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I am free tonight. Won't be on tomorrow as I'm away. So would love to be able to get my games out of the way tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

AC Milan 2 - 2 Arsenal

Well played. I conceded in the 90th but it was an even game so no complaints.

• Advertisement

Milan 2-2 Arsenal

Great game, Osu took the 1st half and I took the 2nd with Ronaldinho scoring a late late equiliser

Advertisement