Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WC 2010 EXCLUSIVE...spoilers within!

• 22-06-2010 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Have went thru all the groups and come out with a grand final of

*drums

BRA VS ARG

third place play off ENG VS PAR

Shock of the WC is Spain fubared into third place.

Semi Finals

Brazil Vs England (I know, I know)

Argentina Vs Paraguay.

*bats eye lids.

group standings

A URU,MEX

B ARG, SKR

C ENG,USA

D GER, SERB

E NED, DEN

F PAR, ITA

G BRA, POR

H CHILE, SWI

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

What are the odds for a brazil arg final

gotta stick some cash on it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

I'll have a bet with you that that won't happen.

You can even pick your own odds.;)

give me your odds buster..:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Feck the Brazil Argie Final. I'm more confused about why you don't think Spain will beat Chile to Qualify!

Feck the Brazil Argie Final. I'm more confused about why you don't think Spain will beat Chile to Qualify!

for the same reason they could only score 2 goals vs the unstoppable force that is honduras and also fail to beat 10 times world cup winners switzerland . :rolleyes:

not to mention misfiring david villa and out of sorts striker torres (there goes his move to madrid)

a draw in chile and spain,
    switzerland will make easy meat of honduras, unlike spain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

out of sorts striker torres (there goes his move to madrid)

You actually think Torres was going to move to Real Madrid?

what?

Do you know much about football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

I don't understand, where are these spoilers you spoke of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I have a funny feelin Uruguay are gonna wing their way all the way to the final. If the draw permits them not meeting Brazil/Arg (havent studied it that much :o)

Des wrote: »
    You actually think Torres was going to move to Real Madrid?

what?

Do you know much about football?

I know enough that masch will leave liverpool, and enough also that if torres scored about 3 goals by now he would be very most likely leave to a galactio club if pool were offered 100 million for his services. (or whatever figure these sheiks have at their disposal)

nothing against pool but if big money offers come in, considering the mess they are in, its pretty guaranteed he will leave. but the way he is playing now no one would touch him.

I also know enough about football that says Man U or Chelsea wont win he title next year. book mark this ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I know enough that masch will leave liverpool, and enough also that if torres scored about 3 goals by now he would be very most likely leave to a galactio club if pool were offered 100 million for his services. (or whatever figure these sheiks have at their disposal)

nothing against pool but if big money offers come in, considering the mess they are in, its pretty guaranteed he will leave. but the way he is playing now no one would touch him.

I also know enough about football that says Man U or Chelsea wont win he title next year. book mark this ;)

Huh

• Advertisement

never mind, ye obviously don't remember 'CR7s' move to madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Hello Mute....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

for the same reason they could only score 2 goals vs the unstoppable force that is honduras and also fail to beat 10 times world cup winners switzerland . :rolleyes:

not to mention misfiring david villa and out of sorts striker torres (there goes his move to madrid)

a draw in chile and spain,
    switzerland will make easy meat of honduras, unlike spain

Yea David Villa was definitely misfiring after his 2 goal haul which included a contender for goal of the tournament & his man of the match performance.

I wouldnt be too quick to say the Swiss will beat Honduras either , they are very poor going forward and i can definitely see a draw in this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

never mind, ye obviously don't remember 'CR7s' move to madrid

Torres is from Atletico.

i'd suggest he'd rather roast his scrotum over an open fire than play for Real Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Wade in the Sea

Have went thru all the groups and come out with a grand final of

*drums

Semi Finals

Brazil Vs England (I know, I know)

Oh I would like to see that. Yeah I'm one of those "if England go out I will lose interest" types. But if England do the business tomorrow (and that's a big IF) and Germany beat Ghana. Doesn't that mean England Germany in the second round? Do you think England can beat Germany? (Mods) I am ok with the abuse to follow, given my previous remark, no need to bar anyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

SlickRic wrote: »
    Torres is from Atletico.

i'd suggest he'd rather roast his scrotum over an open fire than play for Real Madrid.

Yeh I agree, besides Madrid don't even want him. The only realistic club Torres will sign for this summer if he does go is Chelsea.

and I know the sheiks don't run Madrid, but the point im making is who ever tables a crazy bid for Torres will win

simple as.

as for Spain, a brave man would do a handicap bet on them beating chile at probably insulting odds

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Yeh I agree, besides Madrid don't even want him. The only realistic club Torres will sign for this summer if he does go is Chelsea.

if a team offers someone 200+ grand a week he will go, doesn't matter if its the team he would roast his ball$ over a bbq with at his mates house warming party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

X are you $hit faced drunk by any chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Wade in the Sea

Oh I would like to see that. Yeah I'm one of those "if England go out I will lose interest" types. But if England do the business tomorrow (and that's a big IF) and Germany beat Ghana. Doesn't that mean England Germany in the second round? Do you think England can beat Germany? (Mods) I am ok with the abuse to follow, given my previous remark, no need to bar anyone :)

Oh just looked at this again. Bloody hell! Not straight forward at all is it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement