Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying USA Multiroom Systems For Irish Use

• 22-06-2010 11:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi all

Quick question really, what is your opinons of buying multiroom AV systems from USA and using in Ireland, i know the power supplys are different, but that could be easy fixed with a transfomer/upper/downer bought from a electrical wholesale local.

The price difference is massive towards buying locally even though i would prefer to buy irish but wallet won't allow.

I know the system i want, russound cav 6.6

Any thoughts??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭torrestorres

anyone??

Also is any source equipment compatible with CAV6.6 system or only russound only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Also is any source equipment compatible with CAV6.6 system or only russound only?

You have read the manual right?
    Page 29? Installer notes? Source Audio and Video Connections?

nereid wrote: »
    You have read the manual right?
    Page 29? Installer notes? Source Audio and Video Connections?

thanks yeah i read it, i just wanted clarification from the experts :)

on another note, just tested the distance my xbox360 controller can reach, i currently have it placed in the playroom, but i walked all over the house to each room (while my daughter watched the screen) and i was still controlling the console :eek:

this is great it means i can please my xbox in the central hub and control the xbox from any room, as it will be sent to all tv through the av system :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Homer

Well, without the Russound installer software and the comms cable to connect your laptop to the CAV 6.6 you won't be able to program the hub to tell it how many sources you have, the names of the sources, on volume, etc etc
    Your source equipment will only work with the CAV if it is RNET enabled which allows for 2 way communication between source equipment and the CAV hub.
    Also factor in power transformers and the fact that they will void your warranty!
    US source equiment such as tuners will use different frequencie ranges too!
    I appreciate you are trying to save money going the route the are trying to go down but it will only end up causing you grief if you try doing a DIY install on a product such as a CAV 6.6 in my opinion.
    Shop around in Ireland and get a better price. It can be got cheaper than what you quoted.
    PM me if you like and i'll try help you out on sourcing one at best price.

Homer wrote: »
    Well, without the Russound installer software and the comms cable to connect your laptop to the CAV 6.6 you won't be able to program the hub to tell it how many sources you have, the names of the sources, on volume, etc etc

ive been told that no software in needed buy a shop (not ebay) seller, also getting 1 year warranty.

Your source equipment will only work with the CAV if it is RNET enabled which allows for 2 way communication between source equipment and the CAV hub.

this i must ask seller, cheers for the tip off :)

Also factor in power transformers and the fact that they will void your warranty!

there is a power switch on the back of the system to change power, so all i need is a uk/irish cable.

US source equiment such as tuners will use different frequencie ranges too!
    I appreciate you are trying to save money going the route the are trying to go down but it will only end up causing you grief if you try doing a DIY install on a product such as a CAV 6.6 in my opinion.
    Shop around in Ireland and get a better price. It can be got cheaper than what you quoted.

i could save around €1,500 importing :) thats alot.

in bold cheers for the advice mate. :)

• Advertisement

Considering the dollar is pretty poor against the euro at the moment what price is the cav including 6 keypads landed in Dublin including import duties etc if you are getting it shipped? Customs will stop it if it's being sent by a dealer in the us?
    cav 6.6 including 6 keypads and source remote can be got for in or around €3.5k?

Homer wrote: »
    Considering the dollar is pretty poor against the euro at the moment what price is the cav including 6 keypads landed in Dublin including import duties etc if you are getting it shipped? Customs will stop it if it's being sent by a dealer in the us?
    cav 6.6 including 6 keypads and source remote can be got for in or around €3.5k?

try €2,200 imported, there is a way around the customs

Fair enough! If you can get it landed at that price go for it!!
    Forgot they were dual voltage with the switch on the back so no worries about that either.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

torrestorres,

Mod Comment:

I suggest that you don't go any further with your comment about import duties - importing electronic equipment from outside the EU attracts import duties at the appropriate rate + VAT on the landed value (including the import taxes) + the relevant custom clearance charges.

Feel free to discuss the technical aspects of this equipment but take note that you are now being asked not to use these forums for any discussion of avoiding import duties.

Ritz.

Opps sorry :) wont happen again

• Advertisement
Advertisement