Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA Season 3 Championship

Options
  • 22-06-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

The new season is nearly upon us, this year there will be 2 leagues, the Premiership and the Championship, with the premiership being the higher league. There will be 4 automatical promotion places and 4 relegations places, this is to keep both leagues fresh with different players each season.
    The teams for this league consist of 4.5* teams and have been drawn randomly. As per usual fixtures will be posted on a Wednesday and should be completed within that week and please read the rules below, they are there so the league doesn't go into disarray. Any queries PM myself or thewools

The Draw

Valencia - ChasingDreams-
    Lyon - dungdoc
    Sevilla - Fizman
    Aston Villa - Gillysome
    Everton - Philly_C_
    Wolfsburg - orrj2
    Fiorentina - swarlez
    Roma - the_walsh_fella
    Villareal - united84
    Bordeaux - shazamie
    Marseille - haunis87
    Porto - Smudgedope

Good Luck!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

RULES:

In order to maintain the league, a number of rules have been laid out. Any violations of this code of conduct can be sent to the league co-ordinators (Crosáidí/thewools) and each issue will be investigated.

1) Disconnections
    No player is allowed to intentionally disconnect for any reason. Any disconnections during a league game must be made known to the league co-ordinators. However, accidental disconnections do occur and the rules have been written to take this into account. If a player disconnects while they are winning, a rematch is immediately scheduled. However, if a player disconnects while drawing or losing the game, a walkover is awarded to the other player. Each player is responsible for their own connection. These rules are final and the cause of the disconnect is irrelevant once it occurs, no exceptions will be given so do not contact players directly looking for a rematch.

2) Last man tackling
    Fifa 10 is a soccer simulation and while slide tackling is encouraged when needed, intentional attempts to take out the last man (an attacking player that only has the keeper to beat) will not be tolerated. A defender is allowed to slide in from the side as there is a good chance that he will win the ball. However, when someone slides in from directly behind (from the 5-7 O'Clock positions) and the striker is between the defender and the ball, this will not be tolerated. Players like this can usually be indentified by a low foul:card ratio.

3) Settings
    While this rule is unenforcable, each player is expected to have all assistance settings on default.

4) Holidays
    If a player is going away on holidays and unable to play their fixtures for a short period then they must contact the co-ordinators in advance and let them know. They will post on the fixtures thread a note to allow that player to play the games for the weeks he is away in advance. Only those fixtures can be played in advance and any others will be void if played.

5) Unplayed fixtures
    Due to the amount of unplayed fixtures in previous season we will be bringing in a new rule to make sure people make an effort to play their games. We will have intervals in the season such as the half-way point (we will post specific dates before the season begins) where we will look at the numbers of games played. Players will be expected to have a set amount of games played by this time. If a player has failed to play this amount of games they will be docked 3 points. Every player is responsible for their own fixtures and getting them played. If you find a player is not responding to your messages about organising fixtures then contact the co-ordinators.

6) People Quitting Mid Season
    Due to various reasons we have players who sometimes are unable to complete the league season. In the case of these players any remaining fixtures they have will be awarded a walkover to their opponent. Any games played previously will stand as at this stage the person was still active in the league. If a player quits they are automatically placed at the bottom of the table and will take one of the relegation places at the end of the season. This allows us to keep a group of players in each league who are dedicated to playing their games and making the season enjoyable for everyone involved.

7) Arranging Fixtures
    If you are arranging to play a weekly fixture, post on boards.ie to arrange it with your opponent, this will show the league co-ordinators that you have attempted to contact and play your opponent. You can re-inforce your attempts by sending PMs on boards.ie and PSN after you have posted your request to play. If your opponent doesn't respond to your requests, you may be awarded the points.

8) Walkovers
    Walkovers are generally a 3-0 win, if however you are playing and a disconnection happens and you are winning by a magin of more than 3 goals then that result will stand

© Mr Moon & Axwell 2009
    Rules printed by kind permission from owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Wolfsburg - orrj2

I was excited about getting a 4.5 star team until I re-read your initial post ;) Looking forward to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ChasingDreams.

Valencia? Should be alright, I'll have to try them out.

I will be away from Sunday to Sunday, just so you know.

League name : Boards Championship
    abbrev: bcham
    password:
    bcham

L'prof wrote: »
    I was excited about getting a 4.5 star team until I re-read your initial post ;) Looking forward to this!

You're good up front though

• Advertisement

You're good up front though

Yeah, had a quick game there, lost 4-3 to the Netherlands online. Didn't do too badly overall!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Hey can some one pm me the password as in on a iPhone and can't highlight spoilers. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Lyon - dungdo

Not to bad. BTW my PSN name is dungdoc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

I'm away from the 3rd to 10th July to let you know.

Just requested everybody there.

• Advertisement

Added everyone there (well the ones I don't have already)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Hey who's the person who picked Milan? Also when do we start these games?

Hey who's the person who picked Milan? Also when do we start these games?

That's Crosáidí, said he wanted to keep an eye on us!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Happy enough with Sevilla I guess. A lot will be expected from the two lads up front!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Are bored-oh any good?

Fixtures will be posted TODAY

Fixtures will be posted TODAY

To be played by next Wednesday?

Bordeaux v A. Villa
    Everton v Villareal
    Fiorentina v Valencia
    Lyon v Sevilla
    Marseille v Roma
    Porto v Wolfsburg

A. Villa v Everton
    Roma v Porto
    Sevilla v Marseille
    Valencia v Lyon
    Villareal v Fiorentina
    Wolfsburg v Bordeaux

Everton v Bordeaux
    Fiorentina v A.Villa
    Lyon v Villareal
    Marseille v Valencia
    Porto v Sevilla
    Roma v Wolfsburg

Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

LEAGUE TABLES AND FIXTURES

http://boardsfifaleague3.leaguerepublic.com/

Fixtures for full season all on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Please post all Results on this thread as soon as possible after a game.

Also I would recommend the following to everyone within this league:
    • Subscribe to this thread - hence you will get email alerts of all new posts. Go to Thread Tools at the top of the Thread and subscribe if you wish.
    • Add all League members as friends on PSN. You will then see opponent online / offline and be able to contact via PSN.
    • Arrange game times either via PM on boards, PSN or on this thread.
    I hope this league is as successful as season 2 and everyone continues to play on regardless of the result.

BTW I am not afraid to wield the axe; if players disobey the rules or make no attempt to play their games: I WILL FORFEIT your games and BAN you from any future leagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

dungdoc, swarlez, philly c - any of you around before 3.30 for a game? if not ill be back on about 12 tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

League name : Boards Championship
    abbrev: bcham
    password:
    bcham

can you confirm the password for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Lads my PSN is Haunis87 not haunis87... Il try and get the 1st couple of games played by the weekend

Devil08 wrote: »
    dungdoc, swarlez, philly c - any of you around before 3.30 for a game? if not ill be back on about 12 tonight!!

I'll play tonight if you want or anytime tomorrow before 8. If the other lads want to play later I'll be on around 10.
    Fowler87 wrote: »
    Lads my PSN is Haunis87 not haunis87... Il try and get the 1st couple of games played by the weekend

Don't think PSN names are case sensitive.

Devil08 wrote: »

You still about Devil08? I won't be on tonight but will be around tomorrow anyway.
    Philly_C wrote: »

Don't think PSN names are case sensitive.

Nah it ain't.

ChasingDreams-, Fizman or united84 be around tomorrow? Should be around all day tomorrow after that I probably won't be around till Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

ChasingDreams-, Fizman or united84 be around tomorrow? Should be around all day tomorrow after that I probably won't be around till Tuesday.

Possibly on late tomorrow night. I'll let you know. We'll be sick of the sight of each other! :)

Fizman wrote: »
    Possibly on late tomorrow night. I'll let you know. We'll be sick of the sight of each other! :)

You able to play now?

Everton (philly_c_) 2-1 Villareal(united84)

Was a close game, just about held off the pressure in the last 10 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Philly you want to play in 30 mins or so?

Advertisement