Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA Season 3 Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

shazamie (bordeaux), swarlez (fiorentina), Philly c (everton)... I sent ye all a PSN request. So if yer all on this weekend, we might get our games over with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Fowler87 wrote: »
    shazamie (bordeaux), swarlez (fiorentina), Philly c (everton)... I sent ye all a PSN request. So if yer all on this weekend, we might get our games over with :)

Do you happen to be around now at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

I (swarlez fiorentina) played villareal, i think its poste back round page 6 or 7. is gillysome about

Ill be back next tuesday mate on hols at the minute. I tried to get all my games played in advance but missed u before i went.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

League update due soon crosaidi/thewools?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Valencia (ChasingDreams-), Lyon (dungdoc) & Villareal (united84) ye around at any stage this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

marseille or porto around now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Chasing Dreams

L'prof wrote: »
    Valencia (ChasingDreams-), Lyon (dungdoc) & Villareal (united84) ye around at any stage this morning?

I'll be on pretty much all day again today.

I'll be on pretty much all day again today.

Loading up now.

Posted this in the wrong thread :p

Wolfsburg 3-1 Valencia

Amazing start to the game, when from tip I passed it all the way up the pitch (not unlike Spain ;)) and provided Džeko with an opportunity that he simple had to tuck away, which he did...barely, when he poked at the ball with his outstretched foot which was enough to nestle the ball in the corner. 1-0 up and feeling confident, I cast my mind back to previous encounters where I had taken the lead and went on to lose/draw the match. Not to be on this occasion though, both of my other goals came from defence splitting passes which simply had to be finished. I was guilty of a couple of very bad misses. I had a chipped shot cleared off the line by the keeper because I didn't quite get enough on it after he had charged out of his box. I also seemed determined to lose chances by continuing to pass when I could have had a shot only to pass it to an offside player. The Valencia keeper was fond of his short passes, I don't even think they were accidental. One, which probably was, was a goal kick straight to Džeko, so I opted with the lottery of the chipped shot and failed to convert...as usual. I could have passed it back to the keeper, but I think this is an equally fair option as it will rarely benefit me! The second was a short roll from the keeper, which took me by surprise and I had passed it before I realised what had happened only for it to be smothered by the keeper.

That was a bit long winded...good game.

Wolfsburg 5-0 Villareal

Should have enjoyed this game, but I didn't...thanks for that! I'll refer you to this:
    Crosáidí wrote: »
    RULES:2) Last man tackling
    Fifa 10 is a soccer simulation and while slide tackling is encouraged when needed, intentional attempts to take out the last man (an attacking player that only has the keeper to beat) will not be tolerated. A defender is allowed to slide in from the side as there is a good chance that he will win the ball. However, when someone slides in from directly behind (from the 5-7 O'Clock positions) and the striker is between the defender and the ball, this will not be tolerated. Players like this can usually be indentified by a low foul:card ratio.

Now, maybe only one of those tackles was 1-on-1, but it's incredibly frustrating, particularly since it was constant throughout the whole game!

Here's the stats:

Villareal
    |
    0-5
    |
    Wolfsburg
    |
    Tackles
    |
    |
    Fouls
    |
    |
    Yellow Cards
    |
    |
    Red Cards
    |
    |
    Injuries
    |

Anyway, just try and keep an eye on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Either Wolfsburg - orrj2 or Fiorentina - swarlez about?

Either Wolfsburg - orrj2 or Fiorentina - swarlez about?

I'll be about tomorrow at some stage anyway, when are you free?

I'll be about tomorrow at some stage anyway, when are you free?

Should be about till around 4.30ish then I'll be heading to work, if I ain't heading out on the gargle after work I'll be online about 11.30 ish

Should be about till around 4.30ish then I'll be heading to work, if I ain't heading out on the gargle after work I'll be online about 11.30 ish

Cool, I'll try and be on then so.

Cool, I'll try and be on then so.

Before 4.30? Or the latter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Chasing Dreams

Gillysome, send me a message when you get back mate.
    Fizman wrote: »
    And Walsh? :D

That's who I meant to say. Twas embarrassing to say the least. :o

Before 4.30? Or the latter?

Sorry, I meant to get back to you. Should have been on earlier, but it didn't happen. I might be on later, but that depends on whether I go for a few drinks for the match or not. If it doesn't happen today, when suits during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

wrote:
    Marseille v Everton
    Everton v Porto
    Roma v Everton
    Fiorentina v Everton

Hey I'm back from holidays so I'll be around most of tomorrow to play these games. Really hope the lag is gone for me.

Sorry, I meant to get back to you. Should have been on earlier, but it didn't happen. I might be on later, but that depends on whether I go for a few drinks for the match or not. If it doesn't happen today, when suits during the week?

I'm online now, ready to play in 25 mins if you're about? Otherwise tomorrow behind around 2.30 - 4?

Wolfsburg 6-1 Lyon

3 out of 3 this round and boy did I need them!

• Advertisement

Wolfsburg 6-1 Lyon

3 out of 3 this round and boy did I need them!

Worse I've ever played in a match ever I think! Sloppy, couldn't take any of my chances, etc... :O

Worse I've ever played in a match ever I think! Sloppy, couldn't take any of my chances, etc... :O

I missed plenty of opportunities too...oh well!

Fiorentina - swarlez

My last match in this series to play, you be about anytime soon mate? I'm around for about the next hour and a bit.

Fiorentina - swarlez
    My last match in this series to play, you be about anytime soon mate? I'm around for about the next hour and a bit.

Just went online there, no sign of him and he hasn't been on PSN in 2 days.

Marseille 1-2 Everton

No lag:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Philly_C wrote: »
    Marseille 1-2 Everton

No lag:D

Good game mate. Probably should have been a draw though.. but just like my last game, I didnt turn my domination into goals.. yer good at the auld headers:pac:

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Good game mate. Probably should have been a draw though.. but just like my last game, I didnt turn my domination into goals.. yer good at the auld headers:pac:

Yeah I had myself convinced you were going to get an equaliser late on and you had plenty of posession, you took a few long rangers that were probaly never going to go in though. Yeah I think I've found the best way to play with Everton is to launch balls into the box for Cahill and Felliani to header. Your keeper should definately have walked:p

Roma 2-3 Everton

Enjoyed that game, was end to end for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

lyon, marseille everton or porto around now?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

lyon, marseille everton or porto around now?
    Yeah I can play you now. Just after recovering from a long weekend at oxegen :p

What team are you?

Advertisement