Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA Season 3 Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

aston villa(gillysome) 4 Bordeaux (Shzm) 2

Despite the scoreline neither of us could hit a cows arse with a banjo in this 1:eek:. Villa went 3 nil up thru some very sloppy goals compared to the chances created by both teams in play. Bordeaux pulled 1 back to make it 3-1. Villa scored a 4th late on and bordeaux scored the last in injury time. Good game man but not as good as our first game

other game i played was

Porto (smudgedope) 0 Aston Villa (gillysome) 5

Took a while to get going in this 1. First half was even enuf. Thankfully the second half i was a bit better and took my chances when they came along. In saying dat thou i had to defend well to keep smudgedope out. good game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Villa 5 - 0 Porto:eek:

I really think aston villa are too good of a team to be in this league going by the rest of the teams, as all my players were way slower and less strength than the villa players. All villas goals came from that their players are far better and faster than mine.

Tried to play as I normally do but villas defenders kept out pacing and out muscling my players, and the opposite for my defence.
    I think I got behind the defence once and hit the post :rolleyes:

God John Carew is some pain :p he runs like an Olympic sprinter in FIFA lol

Can't blame gillysome though I suppose as he didn't pick his team.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I really think aston villa are too good of a team to be in this league going by the rest of the teams, as all my players were way slower and less strength than the villa players.

Luck of the draw man, no way it can be 100% fair. I really struggle against teams with pace as Wolfsburg seem to be lacking in that department.

I really think aston villa are too good of a team to be in this league going by the rest of the teams, as all my players were way slower and less strength than the villa players. All villas goals came from that their players are far better and faster than mine.

Tried to play as I normally do but villas defenders kept out pacing and out muscling my players, and the opposite for my defence.

I'll actually agree with ya der. I used to play as united in nealry all my online games but since this league started im going with villa all the time. There class:D Once you swap heskey for carew there a force to be reckoned with. Dont know about carew running like an olympic sprinter thou, he holds up the ball well and wins alot in the air. Think d league is between yourself and swarlez. Even thou i beat u twice i had to defend well in both games. Id be happy to sneek a promotion place:P

Gillysome wrote: »
    Id be happy to sneek a promotion place

I was hoping for the same, but I don't think I have a chance any more. Oh wells!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Haha same, I was in it at the beginning, but I've since not played Fifa as much and only play these league games now. Can't remember when I last won :D

L'prof wrote: »
    Luck of the draw man, no way it can be 100% fair. I really struggle against teams with pace as Wolfsburg seem to be lacking in that department.
    I mean I don't think villa should have been even included in the league, some other team should have been instead, to make it a bit fairer.
    But yeah, Porto are pretty bad against teams with a lot of strength, as hulk is the only "strong" player in the team really. My defenders usually get shrugged off the ball against better teams.
    Gillysome wrote: »
    I'll actually agree with ya der. I used to play as united in nealry all my online games but since this league started im going with villa all the time. There class:D Once you swap heskey for carew there a force to be reckoned with. Dont know about carew running like an olympic sprinter thou, he holds up the ball well and wins alot in the air. Think d league is between yourself and swarlez. Even thou i beat u twice i had to defend well in both games. Id be happy to sneek a promotion place:P
    Yeah villa are really good, lots of top ranked players pick them and abuse the pace of gabby and young and the strength or Carew.
    I meant Carew is so strong it's nearly impossible to get the ball off him, that he just sprints past defenders with ease.
    But I'm not sure who will win the league as if you keep winning you will be near the top too.
    I see fiorentina lost a game there :eek: :p so it's pretty open league.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

But yeah, Porto are pretty bad against teams with a lot of strength, as hulk is the only "strong" player in the team really.

Lol with that name he has to be really :D

But I'm not sure who will win the league as if you keep winning you will be near the top too.
    I see fiorentina lost a game there :eek: :p so it's pretty open league.

Have to say the league is wide open. Anyone can beat anyone in a given game. It took me about a week to get bk to form after my hols but since dat ive gone like 8 games unbeaten:D. A few good results for someone can move ya right up there. Nobodys running away with it. Ive to play fiorentina this week 2, a good result there wouldnt go a miss:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Is everyone playing each other two or three times? Just weighing up my chances to get promoted!:D

• Advertisement

Is everyone playing each other two or three times? Just weighing up my chances to get promoted!:D

Twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

haha typical Porto - always having a good moan - im sure Villa would be top of the league if they were that much better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

About as likely as me mate. Quite slim! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fizman wrote: »
    About as likely as me mate. Quite slim! :p

Was hopefully three times, well my chances are dead and buried so.:D

Devil08 wrote: »
    haha typical Porto - always having a good moan - im sure Villa would be top of the league if they were that much better
    Villa are second now I think so what you on about? Also, im not moaning, can someone not just say give an opinion? It would be an awful boring league if after every game people just said "good game" and didn't have a bit of banter. And I sense someone is a bit thick that they got beat in the last minute? :rolleyes:;)
    I was expecting a good moan from you! jesus man you need you get rid of all that sexual frustration! My player got sent off from two yellows, big deal, it happens, two bad tackles and off he went. I never shot from the half way line? I shot from bout 30 yeards twice I think...I have scored from there befoe so why not try again...glad im not playing you again anyway, more trouble than its worth
    Eh... what?

You came to that conclusion from playing a online game of fifa with me on the play station? :pac::pac:

And no, I think some other people commented on it before too about your tackling, you did it in the game before with me too. Constant slide tackles, from the side and behind too. You had like 5 people on yellow cards. But its over forget about it.

Villa are second now I think so what you on about? Also, im not moaning, can someone not just say give an opinion? It would be an awful boring league if after every game people just said "good game" and didn't have a bit of banter. And I sense someone is a bit thick that they got beat in the last minute? :rolleyes:;)

Eh... what?

You came to that conclusion from playing a online game of fifa with me on the play station? :pac::pac:

And no, I think some other people commented on it before too about your tackling, you did it in the game before with me too. Constant slide tackles, from the side and behind too. You had like 5 people on yellow cards. But its over forget about it.

Your opinions are always negative though..I dont care about losing, I know you would have been well pissed off though just like last time when I beat you. And now youre making excuses for losing against Villa. And dont blame my slide tackling for you not being able to score - my defenders had you in their pockets for most of the game and fairly. Get over it anyway, youll prob win the league and you can rub it in everyones faces. I hope you do anyway cos i dont want to listen to all the reasons why you didnt win it and the things that went against you unfairly.

I was expecting a good moan from you! jesus man you need you get rid of all that sexual frustration! My player got sent off from two yellows, big deal, it happens, two bad tackles and off he went. I never shot from the half way line? I shot from bout 30 yeards twice I think...I have scored from there befoe so why not try again...glad im not playing you again anyway, more trouble than its worth

Not trying to stoke the fire here, but you never responded to my post, here. Just curious as to whether you feel I was right to be annoyed after that game or not.

Your opinions are always negative though..I dont care about losing, I know you would have been well pissed off though just like last time when I beat you. And now youre making excuses for losing against Villa. And dont blame my slide tackling for you not being able to score - my defenders had you in their pockets for most of the game and fairly. Get over it anyway, youll prob win the league and you can rub it in everyones faces. I hope you do anyway cos i dont want to listen to all the reasons why you didnt win it and the things that went against you unfairly.
    I've lost 5 or 6 games (I think im the only player who hasn't had a draw yet :p) and ive only complained about cheap play after a loss, when I lost to you, when you stuck on 5 defenders and like 2 defensive midfielders and held the ball up and just booted it up field for a whole half when you got it. And no my opinions are not always negative... I don't know where you got that from.

I was just saying that I don't think villa should be in this league going by the rest of teams as they have unreal pace and strength up front, and can beat teams like real and man utd. I wasn't moaning about gillysome or anything.

And I hit the post a few times and your keeper made loads of saves in our second game, but that's beside the point, as the game is over.

Fiorentina will probably win it as hes lost only 2 or 3 games I think. Its not like I HAVE to win this league at any cost, as if I was id be playing cheap or using dodgy custom formations which im not.

And why would I rub it in everyone's face? I'm not that type of player that abuses exploits in the game or plays as real or barca every game.

Its over, its not like it was the champions league final, I was just saying you do a lot of annoying slide tackling and foul a lot. Can I not say that now?

Not trying to stoke the fire here, but you never responded to my post, here. Just curious as to whether you feel I was right to be annoyed after that game or not.

Theres a referree in the game, hes there for a reason. I got a player sent off for a bad tackle - therefore giving you an advantage. I dont see what peoples problems are when players get yellow or red cards. I got 4 yellow cards in the game, I wouldnt be too worried about it.

Theres a referree in the game, hes there for a reason. I got a player sent off for a bad tackle - therefore giving you an advantage. I dont see what peoples problems are when players get yellow or red cards. I got 4 yellow cards in the game, I wouldnt be too worried about it.

That's all I wanted to know. 10 fouls from 16 tackles is ridiculous though, horrible way to play the game to be honest. Each to their own though, I guess.

• Advertisement

I've lost 5 or 6 games (I think im the only player who hasn't had a draw yet :p) and ive only complained about cheap play after a loss, when I lost to you, when you stuck on 5 defenders and like 2 defensive midfielders and held the ball up and just booted it up field for a whole half when you got it. And no my opinions are not always negative... I don't know where you got that from.

I was just saying that I don't think villa should be in this league going by the rest of teams as they have unreal pace and strength up front, and can beat teams like real and man utd. I wasn't moaning about gillysome or anything.

And I hit the post a few times and your keeper made loads of saves in our second game, but that's beside the point, as the game is over.

Fiorentina will probably win it as hes lost only 2 or 3 games I think. Its not like I HAVE to win this league at any cost, as if I was id be playing cheap or using dodgy custom formations which im not.

And why would I rub it in everyone's face? I'm not that type of player that abuses exploits in the game or plays as real or barca every game.

Its over, its not like it was the champions league final, I was just saying you do a lot of annoying slide tackling and foul a lot. Can I not say that now?

It be interested to see the stats from our last game if you can get them, I dont think its as bad as u suggest

It be interested to see the stats from our last game if you can get them, I dont think its as bad as u suggest

I don't think you can once the match screen has been closed. I've selected to have match reports sent to me by email after my matches, but I don't get them for these games.

I'm not saying your the worst player (in terms of bad sportsmanship) ive ever played, its just that you foul a fair bit and do a lot of slide tackling, many of which are badly timed, which make for a stop-go game and its frustrating. A bit like the world cup final, the way Holland played.

From what I remember, you got 4 or 5 yellow cards, 1 red card, committed like 15 fouls and had about 2 or 3 shots on target.
    I think I had like 6 or 7 shots on target, committed about 3 or 4 fouls, 0 yellow/red cards.

Ok bud really dont want to get involved in this too much as its seems as if urself and devil08 have a argument rumbling:eek:, but i feel as if i have to defend my villians a bit here:rolleyes:......when i agreed with u earlier i did it cos villa are actually not bad once u get the hang of them. As 4 dem not being included in the league i have to disagree. D league was set up on a basis of 4.5 rated clubs take part. My side of the argument here would be that each team have their own traits that make them good and its up to the user to find them. D first few games i played i tot that villa were useless(mainly because of hesky, milner and petrov). I think the reason im winnin more games lately is because ive adopted a kevin keegan style of approach of u score 3 and i'll socre 4:P Mainly what im gettin at here is that each team has their own strong points and its up to the player to exploit them. Like its not as if villa have european pedigree compared to the other teams in the league (with the exception of everton)

I'm not saying your the worst player (in terms of bad sportsmanship) ive ever played, its just that you foul a fair bit and do a lot of slide tackling, many of which are badly timed, which make for a stop-go game and its frustrating. A bit like the world cup final, the way Holland played.

From what I remember, you got 4 or 5 yellow cards, 1 red card, committed like 15 fouls and had about 2 or 3 shots on target.
    I think I had like 6 or 7 shots on target, committed about 3 or 4 fouls, 0 yellow/red cards.

I think we should hug and make up my friend! Ill give you a friendly game next time were on and try not tackle you too much! and thats not being sarcastic or anything! :D

Marseille - Fowler87 - haunis87
    Roma - Walsh - the_walsh_fella
    Sevilla - Fizman - Fizman
    Fiorentina - swarlez - liverpoolrob

I might be around later today for a bit, but then not until Wednesday. the_walsh_fella was on playing COD the other day, but he never responded to my PSN message.

I might be around later today for a bit, but then not until Wednesday. the_walsh_fella was on playing COD the other day, but he never responded to my PSN message.

Same here...maybe hes givin up on fifa, seems to be on COD all the time

I think we should hug and make up my friend! Ill give you a friendly game next time were on and try not tackle you too much! and thats not being sarcastic or anything! :D
    Oh go on then friend :p:pac:

Same.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

anyone around now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Chasing Dreams

I (Valencia) think I beat Swarlez (Fiorentina) 2-1 a few days ago.

Could you confirm that mate? I definitely won but I'm terrible with scorelines...

I also played Roma, and I'm thinking I lost, but... I don't know?

Advertisement