Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA Season 3 Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

Yeah I can play you. Your fiorentina right?

yep

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

anyone around now?

How long are you on for?

L'prof wrote: »
    How long are you on for?

ill be around till round 10

fiorentina 2-1 porto

cagey cagey game with mistakes by both teams all over the shop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

fiorentina 2-1 porto

cagey cagey game with mistakes by both teams all over the shop
    Yeah it was a fairly tight game, I missed a great chance near the end too make it 2-2 for certain, through on goal and all the player had to do was finesse it around the keeper with his right foot but he had to be a left footed only player :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Philly_C wrote: »
    Porto 2-0 Everton

Wasn't expecting to get anything from this game but definatley not after going down to 10 men really early on. SumdgeDope probaly deserved the win but I would definately have been in with a shot with 11 men. Good game. Ah just one thing I hated that blue ball:P
    Yeah decent game, not sure what the red card was about as it looked like you didn't even touch him. Probably a glitch or a dive :p

But yeah sometimes it's annoying when your kit is the same colour as the ref too which happened in our other game ib the tournie.

Wolfsburg 4-3 Fiorentina

Still buzzing after that game, unbelievable stuff! I went 2-0 up and though, nice one should hold on only to find myself 3-2 down. 2 more goals from me to finish off a great game and I had another 3 good chances near the death too. Good game man.

wolfsburg 4-3 fiorentina

fair play but wolfsburg are a fair bit better than fiorentina

wolfsburg 4-3 fiorentina

fair play but wolfsburg are a fair bit better than fiorentina

No offence, but that's awful childish carry on. With the way you put your chances away, you shouldn't have too many problems against anyone, especially me.

No offence, but that's awful childish carry on. With the way you put your chances away, you shouldn't have too many problems against anyone, especially me.

i dont know why you put yourself down like that, your a good player and sorry, its just my players are fairly poor bar gillardino

• Advertisement

i dont know why you put yourself down like that, your a good player and sorry, its just my players are fairly poor bar gillardino

I'm average enough I'd say, if I improve my passing and finishing I'd be an awful lot better. Wolfsburg are great up front, but are easily exposed at the back. Anyway, 2 wins today that were badly needed if I'm to have any chance of promotion. It'll be tough, but hopefully, with a bit of luck, I can get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Anyway, 2 wins today that were badly needed if I'm to have any chance of promotion. It'll be tough, but hopefully, with a bit of luck, I can get there.

Damn I thought you'd definately lose to Fiorentina :p

Damn I thought you'd definately lose to Fiorentina :p

Me too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fiorentina, Wolfsburg and Marseille, any of yous about tonight?

Fiorentina, Wolfsburg and Marseille, any of yous about tonight?

Around right now if you are?

Around right now if you are?

Was gonna say 15 mins or so, the bro is playing it atm.

Was gonna say 15 mins or so, the bro is playing it atm.

Yeah, that's fine.

These are my remaining fixtures if anyone else is around:

Marseille - haunis87 - Fowler87
    Roma - the_walsh_fella - Walsh
    Sevilla - Fizman - Fizman
    Lyon - dungdoc - Gavin "shels"

What's the story with Roma and marseille? They havnt posted here in weeks I think. What's happens if they don't play any games? Does everyone who has to play them get by's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Yeah, that's fine.

These are my remaining fixtures if anyone else is around:

Roma - the_walsh_fella - Walsh
    Sevilla - Fizman - Fizman
    Lyon - dungdoc - Gavin "shels"

I can get on in about 15 mins or so.

Wolfsburg 6-0 Lyon

Lyon's defence seemed very high up the pitch and left me with a lot on 1-on-1s. Happy to score a free kick at the end there.
    Fizman wrote: »
    I can get on in about 15 mins or so.

Should still be on.

• Advertisement

Wolfsburg 2-2 Roma

Good game, it would have been harsh on either of us to lose I guess. I thought I had it with a goal in the 85th only for Walsh to find another one, good game!

Wolfsburg 6-0 Lyon

Lyon's defence seemed very high up the pitch and left me with a lot on 1-on-1s. Happy to score a free kick at the end there.

Felt like I was playing with 10 men, you keep being unmarked and breaking through and scoring chips left right and centre.:D Cracking free alright.

Sevilla 2-1 Wolfsburg

Ah, Fifa rape...how I've missed you! 1st goal conceded after winning a corner. Counter attack results in a saved shot only for Fifa to decide another attempt is needed, fuck it, it happens, 1-0. 2nd goal was a farce though. Baptista ran by about 5 players, each one of them refusing to tackle no matter how many times I pressed the buttons. Sevilla worked the space very well...stop passing to your keeper though!!! :mad: :D

Just these two games left, haven't seen him on much to be honest.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to suggest and nominate myself for the inaugural Annabel Chong prize (think I've missed out on my chance of promotion...I need something :() I'm wrecked after playing all those matches!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

(think I've missed out on my chance of promotion...I need something :() I'm wrecked after playing all those matches!

If I've done my maths right you're 6 points ahead of me with me having one game in hand so you're in good shape. Although if Roma puts a good run together he'll get 4th.

I have to play Marseille too. Was looking through my friends list and I couldn't find him and I'm fairly sure I was friends with him.

If I've done my maths right you're 6 points ahead of me with me having one game in hand so you're in good shape. Although if Roma puts a good run together he'll get 4th.

I have to play Marseille too. Was looking through my friends list and I couldn't find him and I'm fairly sure I was friends with him.

I just have to hope for walk-overs in certain matches ;)

Sevilla 2-1 Wolfsburg

Ah, Fifa rape...how I've missed you! 1st goal conceded after winning a corner. Counter attack results in a saved shot only for Fifa to decide another attempt is needed, fuck it, it happens, 1-0. 2nd goal was a farce though. Baptista ran by about 5 players, each one of them refusing to tackle no matter how many times I pressed the buttons. Sevilla worked the space very well...stop passing to your keeper though!!! :mad: :D

Good game man, although I think 'Fifa rape' is slightly over-stating things.
    Wasn't expecting much from this seeing as I haven't gotten the chance to play FIFA in 2 weeks, but in the end I would have been very disappointed if I had not got the 3 points seeing as your goal was about the only real opportunity you got.

My first goal was a good counter but I'll agree that the 2nd (Kanoute) was a bit strange. :)

Good game man, although I think 'Fifa rape' is slightly over-stating things.
    Wasn't expecting much from this seeing as I haven't gotten the chance to play FIFA in 2 weeks, but in the end I would have been very disappointed if I had not got the 3 points seeing as your goal was about the only real opportunity you got.

My first goal was a good counter but I'll agree that the 2nd (Kanoute) was a bit strange. :)

I'd did admit that it happens sometimes (1st goal), I think you were fortunate there though. I didn't have many real chances because you kept the ball very well and always seemed to have enough players back to snuff me out. Outside your two goals, you didn't have much else either. You have a unique way of playing the game, I think if you tried being more direct you'd have more success, but you did just beat me...so, eh...yeah...as you were :p

I'd did admit that it happens sometimes (1st goal), I think you were fortunate there though. I didn't have many real chances because you kept the ball very well and always seemed to have enough players back to snuff me out. Outside your two goals, you didn't have much else either. You have a unique way of playing the game, I think if you tried being more direct you'd have more success, but you did just beat me...so, eh...yeah...as you were :p

Why thank you! :)

I see what you mean, but I guess it is down to how new I am to the game (bought it a few days before the league started). My first round of fixtures against everyone reflected how inexperienced I was in comparison to everyone else (7 points from 11 games I think), whereas the 2nd half is proving more fruitful.

I guess the next league season will show how far I've come so looking forward to getting this one over with. Hoping to avoid the wooden spoon too!

• Advertisement

Why thank you! :)

I see what you mean, but I guess it is down to how new I am to the game (bought it a few days before the league started). My first round of fixtures against everyone reflected how inexperienced I was in comparison to everyone else (7 points from 11 games I think), whereas the 2nd half is proving more fruitful.

I guess the next league season will show how far I've come so looking forward to getting this one over with. Hoping to avoid the wooden spoon too!

You'll do fine next season, no worries there.

Advertisement