Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA Season 3 Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just getting on PSN now lads if haunis87 or Smudgedope want a game!

Porto (Smudgedope) 3 - 0 Sevilla (Fizman)

Decent game considering the horrible conditions. Gave away a really needless pen after 30 mins when the game was very even. Porto scored a cracking header before the half and I didn't really threaten too much after that (apart from a Navas one on one.....and I can't seem to get a good performance out of him at all).

If only I could turn my somewhat impressive friendly performances into results for competitive games I'd be doing ok! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Fizman wrote: »
    Porto (Smudgedope) 3 - 0 Sevilla (Fizman)

Decent game considering the horrible conditions. Gave away a really needless pen after 30 mins when the game was very even. Porto scored a cracking header before the half and I didn't really threaten too much after that (apart from a Navas one on one.....and I can't seem to get a good performance out of him at all).

If only I could turn my somewhat impressive friendly performances into results for competitive games I'd be doing ok! :p
    Yeah that was a crazy header, never score headers like that really.Started off well though, but that was an odd penalty. I triple pressed square to do a low cross and my player just kind of ran past the ball and moved back slowly. Maybe because it was raining.

Good game though. When do we find out what the next games are?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Yeah that was a crazy header, never score headers like that really.Started off well though, but that was an odd penalty. I triple pressed square to do a low cross and my player just kind of ran past the ball and moved back slowly. Maybe because it was raining.

Good game though. When do we find out what the next games are?

Every Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Porto looking good! team to beat so far it looks like!! pretty convincing wins!

• Advertisement

Fowler87, I can play tonight if you are on. I should also be about late tomorrow night and Tuesday night if they suit better?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

L'prof wanna get our game done today?

Any know if Gillysome is around, or has he gone on holiday already?

Shzm wrote: »

Should be on before/after the evening game, what time suits?

L'prof wrote: »
    Should be on before/after the evening game, what time suits?

Can you do say 6pm?

Can you do say 6pm?

Possibly, I have a few things to do after work, but might be back in time for then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Any know if Gillysome is around, or has he gone on holiday already?

Im around all day today shzm. Sorry about that the last day, everyone was lookin to play me at once:o What time suits u?

Gillysome wrote: »
    Im around all day today shzm. Sorry about that the last day, everyone was lookin to play me at once:o What time suits u?

Haha no problem - in about an hour? 2pm?

Yep 100% mate. :D

Yep 100% mate. :D

Lads I'll be on PSN for a while this afternoon too if ye fancy a friendly. I could do with the practice. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fizman wrote: »
    Fowler87, I can play tonight if you are on. I should also be about late tomorrow night and Tuesday night if they suit better?

It will be after tonights game Fizman... that ok?

Bordeaux (shzm) 6 - 3 Aston Villa (Gillysome)

Fantastic game. Managed to score off a free kick after 2 mins and went on to go 4 - 0 up, till Gillysome started his comeback and it went 4-3. Got a bit worried then and decided to take a crack at a 40ft freekick only for it to go sailing over the keeper and in to the back of the net :-)

Thanks for the game Gilly, very entertaining :-)

Bordeaux (shzm) 6 - 3 Aston Villa (Gillysome)

Fantastic game. Managed to score off a free kick after 2 mins and went on to go 4 - 0 up, till Gillysome started his comeback and it went 4-3. Got a bit worried then and decided to take a crack at a 40ft freekick only for it to go sailing over the keeper and in to the back of the net :-)

Thanks for the game Gilly, very entertaining :-)

Cracker of a game. The goal you scored from tip off when i got back to 1 killed me. That last free kick was some goal though. Very Entertaining game.:D

fiorenitina (Liverpoolrob) are you around today to play our game ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

I'm around now till half 5ish if Fowler87 or L'Prof want a game, if that doesnt suit will be on from 8 onwards tonight.

Walsh wrote: »
    I'm around now till half 5ish if Fowler87 or L'Prof want a game, if that doesnt suit will be on from 8 onwards tonight.

I'll catch you after the Brazil game so.

• Advertisement

Crosáidí wrote: »
    RULES:

4) Holidays
    If a player is going away on holidays and unable to play their fixtures for a short period then they must contact the co-ordinators in advance and let them know. They will post on the fixtures thread a note to allow that player to play the games for the weeks he is away in advance. Only those fixtures can be played in advance and any others will be void if played.
    QUOTE]

Hi crosaidi just after reading this. I posted a note in the thread saying i would be going on holidays but never contacted you directly. As it stands i have 2 of my 3 games played for this weeks matches and i was hoping to get the last 1 palyed tonite. I am gone for 2 weeks in the morning though. If you post me on my fixtures for the next two weeks i'll try and get them all played tonight but if not i will catch up as soon as i get back. Sorry for the late notice

Fowler87 wrote: »
    It will be after tonights game Fizman... that ok?

Should be on later alright so will try to get on soon enough after the game.

Possibly, I have a few things to do after work, but might be back in time for then.

I won't make it back to the house in time for 6, Shzm. Is after the match good for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

RULES:

4) Holidays
    If a player is going away on holidays and unable to play their fixtures for a short period then they must contact the co-ordinators in advance and let them know. They will post on the fixtures thread a note to allow that player to play the games for the weeks he is away in advance. Only those fixtures can be played in advance and any others will be void if played.
    QUOTE]

Hi crosaidi just after reading this. I posted a note in the thread saying i would be going on holidays but never contacted you directly. As it stands i have 2 of my 3 games played for this weeks matches and i was hoping to get the last 1 palyed tonite. I am gone for 2 weeks in the morning though. If you post me on my fixtures for the next two weeks i'll try and get them all played tonight but if not i will catch up as soon as i get back. Sorry for the late notice

Villa v Lyon
    Marseille v Villa
    Villa v Porto

Oh ive got to play villa?? Didnt know that, ill be free tonight for the game if you like gillysome.

I won't make it back to the house in time for 6, Shzm. Is after the match good for you?

I'll try but I can't promise. If not i'l be around most of the day tomorrow.

Oh ive got to play villa?? Didnt know that, ill be free tonight for the game if you like gillysome.

Yep im going on now if your around. Just drop me a message when ur on

Villa v Lyon
    Marseille v Villa
    Villa v Porto

Cheers for dat crosaidi....sorry for the late notice

villa(gillysome) 2 porto (sumdgedope) 0

Very tight game. Both sides had good movement until the final pass. Big emile heskey opened the scoring early on and milner got the second before the break. Had a good chance to make it 3 early in the second half but the keeper made a good save. Porto dominated the rest of the game and were unlucky not to score. Good game smudgedope

• Advertisement

Porto 0-2 Aston Villa

It was one of "those" games where the dodgy fifa weight mechanic came into play. Every villa player seemed to be able to nudge or drag my players off the ball every single time, but I was able to do it maybe 2 or 3 times, all them resulting in a free kick for villa. Also how is richard dunne able to out pace Hulk to a ball for example and ashely young able to out muscle my defenders? :rolleyes:

Frustrating game, nothing went my way, passes sent back to walkway line when I was aiming directly at and passing to a guy in space on the edge of the box :confused: Good game though gilly, hard to beat I say as Villa are a very good team if your good at fifa.

Also, ive played 4 games now, just saw that on the league table in the game. I thought it was 3 games before the next round? Ive won 3 and lost 1. Has anyone else played 4?

Advertisement