Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA Season 3 Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Also, ive played 4 games now, just saw that on the league table in the game. I thought it was 3 games before the next round? Ive won 3 and lost 1. Has anyone else played 4?

It's just because Gillysome is going on holidays and has to play 2 weeks worth of fixtures man

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Porto 0-2 Aston Villa

It was one of "those" games where the dodgy fifa weight mechanic came into play. Every villa player seemed to be able to nudge or drag my players off the ball every single time, but I was able to do it maybe 2 or 3 times, all them resulting in a free kick for villa. Also how is richard dunne able to out pace Hulk to a ball for example and ashely young able to out muscle my defenders? :rolleyes:

Frustrating game, nothing went my way, passes sent back to walkway line when I was aiming directly at and passing to a guy in space on the edge of the box :confused: Good game though gilly, hard to beat I say as Villa are a very good team if your good at fifa.

Also, ive played 4 games now, just saw that on the league table in the game. I thought it was 3 games before the next round? Ive won 3 and lost 1. Has anyone else played 4?

Played a game like dat earlier too, it can be funny like that sometimes. Final ball wasnt happening for either of us. I tried playin over the top a couple of times only for it to sail off in the other direction. Good game though, tought when i missed dat sitter in the second half you were comming back into it.

The reson youve played 4 games is that im one of your games for next weeks fixtures. I wont be around for 2 wks and ive to get ahead on next weeks fixtures so i wont be holding anyone up. I also have to play marseille, lyon and fiorentina tonite if any of ye are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Gillysome wrote: »
    villa(gillysome) 2 porto (sumdgedope) 0

Very tight game. Both sides had good movement until the final pass. Big emile heskey opened the scoring early on and milner got the second before the break. Had a good chance to make it 3 early in the second half but the keeper made a good save. Porto dominated the rest of the game and were unlucky not to score. Good game smudgedope

The mighty Porto have been beaten!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Hopefully just a once off slip up ha :P

But yeah gilly, it can be very annoying, but at least fifa 10 isnt as bad as 09 and 08 was for things like that.

Also I think that online table needs a bit of updating who ever does that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Wolfsburg 1-1 Roma

If either of us could finish, we would have romped home in this game. I think I'm already guilty of miss of the season! Martins having rounded the keeper, took his time and hit the near post with an empty net in front of him!!! Plenty of other missed chances by both teams, but I'm incredibly disappointed with that one :mad:

Oh yeah, good game :D

• Advertisement

Roma(Walsh) 1 - 1 Wolfsburg (L'Prof)

I think it was a the right result for the way the match went, I dominated possesssion in the first half and L'Prof took it from me and dominated the second.

A quick 1 touch passing move set vucinic away and he crossed it in where totti finished with his head opened up the scoring for me and 2 minutes later Wolfburg opened up my defence out of nowhere for them to be 2 on 1 against the keeper a short pass and it was an easy open net for Martins to put the ball into.

Both of us had chances we both hit the post and put shots straight at the keeper or into row Z but I think I witnessed possibly the worst fifa miss ever when I passed the ball straight to Martins from a defensive free kick, he rounded the keeper, strolled up to the empty net casually and hit the post? Haha!

Anyway good game man, can't wait for the rematch :)

Roma(Walsh) 1 - 0 Marsaille(Fowler87)

Pretty poor game to be honest, it was sloppy for most and the finishing was awful on my end.

A complete smash a grab by me in 87th minute with a ball played to Totti on the edge of the box and with his left foot put it right in the corner.

Highlight of the game was the sportsmanship shown by Fowler87 when I passed him the ball from a kick out and he kicked it away instead of taking the cheap goal, fair play lad! My round one is over, hopefully I can pick it up from here on the scoring front.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Marseille (Haunis87) 4-2 Aston Villa (Gillysome)

The scoreline sort of flatters both of us really cos the game was messy enough due to poor passing mainly due to ****ty lag (ea server playing up again:rolleyes:). Id say I just edged it though especially on my final goal... dinked over two oncoming defenders for Valbuena to bury it on the half volley into the bottom corner. Least im off the mark! Good game Gill, enjoy your holiday:cool:

Roma (Walsh) 1-0 Marseille (Haunis87)

Bit better passing moves on my part compared to the last game, however its no good if ya cant score:rolleyes: Missed an array of clear cut chances especiallly in the 2nd half. Even enough game though, but Totti on his weaker foot settled that:pac:

Highlight of the game was the sportsmanship shown by Fowler87 when I passed him the ball from a kick out and he kicked it away instead of taking the cheap goal, fair play lad! My round one is over, hopefully I can pick it up from here on the scoring front.[/QUOTE]

Fair Play! Cant say I would have done the same but great to see!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Walsh wrote: »
    Roma(Walsh) 1 - 0 Marsaille(Fowler87)

Highlight of the game was the sportsmanship shown by Fowler87 when I passed him the ball from a kick out and he kicked it away instead of taking the cheap goal, fair play lad! My round one is over, hopefully I can pick it up from here on the scoring front.

Ive been caught enough due to the that tick ****e in the replay, and sure if yer gonna win, win honestly especially as we're in a friendly league... I probably should have buried it though:pac:

• Advertisement

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Marseille (Haunis87) 4-2 Aston Villa (Gillysome)

The scoreline sort of flatters both of us really cos the game was messy enough due to poor passing mainly due to ****ty lag (ea server playing up again:rolleyes:). Id say I just edged it though especially on my final goal... dinked over two oncoming defenders for Valbuena to bury it on the half volley into the bottom corner. Least im off the mark! Good game Gill, enjoy your holiday:cool:

Sorry bud ment to post this but played another game and forgot the score:rolleyes: Truely a game for terrible defending, dunno wat collins was at when u robbed it off him for the first. It was dat bad of a game even heskey got on the score sheet. Anyway good game all the same. I'll do my best bud keep her lit

Hopefully just a once off slip up ha :P

But yeah gilly, it can be very annoying, but at least fifa 10 isnt as bad as 09 and 08 was for things like that.

Ha ha as long as ya keep slipping to me im happy. I know what ya mean, i tot that they had ironed out most of the gliches but there is definately some kicking around. Took d ball off the keeper today for one of my goals in a game:eek: Hopefully fifa 11 will be better.....

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Ive been caught enough due to the that tick ****e in the replay, and sure if yer gonna win, win honestly especially as we're in a friendly league... I probably should have buried it though:pac:

Definitely. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

That would be I ;)

LEAGUE TABLE UPDATED:

http://boardsfifaleague3.leaguerepublic.com/

Doing good guys - however there are still a few games outstanding for this week:
    • 23 Jun 10: Bordeaux - shazamie Aston Villa - Gillysome
    • 24 Jun 10: Sevilla - Fizman Marseille - haunis87
    • 24 Jun 10: Villareal - united84 Fiorentina - swarlez
    • 24 Jun 10: Wolfsburg - orrj2 Bordeaux - shazamie
    • 27 Jun 10: Fiorentina - swarlez Aston Villa - Gillysome
    Can we get as many of these played before Wednesday please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

thewools wrote: »
    That would be I ;)

LEAGUE TABLE UPDATED:

Doing good guys - however there are still a few games outstanding for this week:

Bordeaux - Villa has been played, result is on the previous page I think - 6 - 3 to Bordeaux

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Shzm wrote: »
    Bordeaux - Villa has been played, result is on the previous page I think - 6 - 3 to Bordeaux

Cheers

Fixed now :cool:

L'prof you around today?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Fowler87, you around later tonight......around 11 ish?

L'prof you around today?

I'll be around after work, should be home before 6 at the very latest, when will you be on?

Sweet - let's do 6pm then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

thewools wrote: »
    That would be I ;)

LEAGUE TABLE UPDATED:

I (swarlez fiorentina) played villareal, i think its poste back round page 6 or 7. is gillysome about

Sweet - let's do 6pm then?

How's 6.18pm grab you? :o

sure - if ya quick :)

im on now

sure - if ya quick :)

im on now

Sound, just running the system update now...28%...

I (swarlez fiorentina) played villareal, i think its poste back round page 6 or 7. is gillysome about

yea was 1-1

Wolfsburg 4-1 Bordeaux

First win on the board and hopefully the first of many. Both teams were wasteful and sometimes just very unlucky not to have scored more with plenty of chances at either end. Would have had a clean sheet too if it wasn't for my keeper playing it short to his striker...damn you Fifa!!!

Haha yeah well done, I was completely off there. I blame the blue jersey.. I normally pick the red away strip lol. Ah well, congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I should be on for a while after 12.30 tonight if Fowler 87 is about.

Fizman wrote: »
    I should be on for a while after 12.30 tonight if Fowler 87 is about.

get the coffee into ya :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Villa v Lyon
    Bordeaux v Fiorentina
    Sevilla v Roma
    Valencia v Porto
    Villareal v Marseille
    Wolfsburg v Everton

Fiorentina v Everton
    Lyon v Bordeaux
    Porto v Villareal