Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA Season 3 Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

gavin
    liverpoolrob
    fowler87

ye around today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ChasingDreams.

Valencia v Sevilla
    Valencia v Porto
    Roma v Valencia

I will not be back until Sunday night, just so you guys know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Marseille(Fowler87)
    Porto(Propane Nightmare)
    Roma(Walsh)

Around today?? Ill be on til bout 4, Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Yeah I'll be on in a few mins devil08

Villarreal 1 - 0 Porto

Got an early goal here and as Porto were top of the table and looking dangerous I decided to put 5 at the back at half time to defend my lead! Porto unlucky not to equalise in last minute.

• Advertisement

Porto 0 - 1 Villareal

Wasn't a good game for these reasons. Devil08 scored before half time. Second half resumes, hes changed formation to 5 defenders and 2 holding mid fielders. He also did the lobbed pass literally every time he got the ball (LB and Y). Pretty sure they're not allowed in the xbox league, as they're an exploit in the game.

He also wasted lots of time, be it passing it around to every single defender when he wanted to go to the wing, when the keeper got the ball, waited for the timer to come up.

Dunno why you took it so seriously, it was a decent fun game until you stuck on the bloody ultra defensive formation. Why like? This league is only a bit of fun. Really boring second half, like 1 shot on target coming from me, all devil did was hoof the ball up to the forwards or out of play when he got it, or pass it around the defence like I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

L'Prof, Walsh and Fowler87, I should be about this evening or later tonight if you fancy kickin my ass.

Chasingdreams you around? and do you want the game soon? as I might not be around tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Wolfsburg, Fiorentina and Lyon, I'm able to play today between 3 and 7 and after ten and most of tomorrow. From Friday morning I'm away till the 10th July.

Porto 0 - 1 Villareal

Wasn't a good game for these reasons. Devil08 scored before half time. Second half resumes, hes changed formation to 5 defenders and 2 holding mid fielders. He also did the lobbed pass literally every time he got the ball (LB and Y). Pretty sure they're not allowed in the xbox league, as they're an exploit in the game.

He also wasted lots of time, be it passing it around to every single defender when he wanted to go to the wing, when the keeper got the ball, waited for the timer to come up.

Dunno why you took it so seriously, it was a decent fun game until you stuck on the bloody ultra defensive formation. Why like? This league is only a bit of fun. Really boring second half, like 1 shot on target coming from me, all devil did was hoof the ball up to the forwards or out of play when he got it, or pass it around the defence like I said.

I changed my formation because I thought It would give me a better chance of winning. Change of tactics not allowed no? And nothing wrong with long balls to your forwards. Its not an exploit on anything except bad defending.

My defenders never held the ball for longer than 2 seconds. I had 5 defenders remember so nothing wrong with passing from one defender to another. they are part of my team and like to be involved!

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

• Advertisement

No sour grapes at all, Im still top of the league I think, if that mattered to me.

I just hate it when people go super defensive and putting on 5 defenders and 2 defensive holding midfielders in a friendly league game which is really not decent play, it makes for very boring and frustrating games.

Sure I could do that like I do sometimes for ranked games, play a very defensive formation and waste time, but I wont as this is a bit of fun, playing some irish people and dont want to make the opponent sit through a boring and frustrating game for 15 minutes of our lives.

And yes the lobbed ball is an exploit. Why do you think chelsea is one of the most picked teams for online? One of the reasons is that Drogba nearly always wins the ball in the air, by chesting it down and racing through on goal. They fixed it for world cup 2010 I think.

So the Passing to your defenders was to try get them involved? Sure. So nothing wrong then in passing to all 5 defenders from one wing to the other, and then if my forward gets near your defender with the ball, passing all the way back again through all 5 defenders? Dont kid yourself. You knew you were wasting time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Fizman wrote: »
    L'Prof, Walsh and Fowler87, I should be about this evening or later tonight if you fancy kickin my ass.

I'll be on from 5 or 6, doubt I'll be kicking ass though.

Philly_C, liverpoolrob when can ye play?

No sour grapes at all, Im still top of the league I think, if that mattered to me.

I just hate it when people go super defensive and putting on 5 defenders and 2 defensive holding midfielders in a friendly league game which is really not decent play, it makes for very boring and frustrating games.

Sure I could do that like I do sometimes for ranked games, play a very defensive formation and waste time, but I wont as this is a bit of fun, playing some irish people and dont want to make the opponent sit through a boring and frustrating game for 15 minutes of our lives.

And yes the lobbed ball is an exploit. Why do you think chelsea is one of the most picked teams for online? One of the reasons is that Drogba nearly always wins the ball in the air, by chesting it down and racing through on goal. They fixed it for world cup 2010 I think.

So the Passing to your defenders was to try get them involved? Sure. So nothing wrong then in passing to all 5 defenders from one wing to the other, and then if my forward gets near your defender with the ball, passing all the way back again through all 5 defenders? Dont kid yourself. You knew you were wasting time.

Not all games are going to be exciting, it is still a competition at the end of the day and the idea is to try and win every game. And I tried to win the game by changing my formation. You could have changed your tactics to counteract mine if you wanted to.

Lobbed ball might be an exploit if your playing with Chelsea but im playing with Villareal. My main striker if Rossi who is 4 foot nothing and is not going to chest it down and run past all your defenders. Which he didnt get close to doing and I didnt even score from this so dont know what your problem is here. The goal I scored was from a cross and vollyed in back post. :D

I passed the ball to all 5 of my defenders probably once. They are part of my team and I intend to use them. Never did I time waste with my keeper or defenders, I always kept the ball moving and you can think otherwise if you like.

Yes this is meant to be a fun league but with people like you bringing up all these rules and moaning about defeats it takes the fun out of it altogher.

take your defeat gracefully. Matter closed as far as im concerned. If anyone else has a problem with my style of play please let me know!! :D

L'prof wrote: »
    I'll be on from 5 or 6, doubt I'll be kicking ass though.

Philly_C, liverpoolrob when can ye play?
    Philly_C wrote: »
    Wolfsburg, Fiorentina and Lyon, I'm able to play today between 3 and 7 and after ten and most of tomorrow. From Friday morning I'm away till the 10th July.

Play you when you're on later.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shzm wrote: »
    gavin

ye around today?

Be on till about 4 then I'm off to work, but I'll try getting on tonight about 11 if you're about. Otherwise I should be about all tomorrow afternoon but after that I won't be on till Sunday, give me a PM on here when you're about.

Everton(Philly_C_) - Any of the times above suit you aswell Philly?

Seems I missed Aston Villa (Gillysome) so we'll have to play that match when he's home from the holidays.

Be on till about 4 then I'm off to work, but I'll try getting on tonight about 11 if you're about. Otherwise I should be about all tomorrow afternoon but after that I won't be on till Sunday, give me a PM on here when you're about.

Everton(Philly_C_) - Any of the times above suit you aswell Philly?

Yeah I'll play tonight or tomorrow.

Everton(Philly_C_) 5-2 Lyon(dungdoc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Fizman wrote: »

Might be on tonight man, will catch you then hopefully!

Everton(Philly_C_) 5-2 Lyon(dungdoc)

Jesus Christ, I've never played a game with lag as bad as that, literally the whole match was just lagging. As for the match, pretty poor match and well you got lucky on two of your goals.:mad:

Jesus Christ, I've never played a game with lag as bad as that, literally the whole match was just lagging. As for the match, pretty poor match and well you got lucky on two of your goals.:mad:

Yeah nearly every game I've played in the last two days has lagged.

• Advertisement

Yeah nearly every game I've played in the last two days has lagged.

There must be something you can do, what ISP are you with and how fast is your connection?

Do you have a wired or wireless connection? If it's wireless, a firmware upgrade on your router could go a long way!

There must be something you can do, what ISP are you with and how fast is your connection?

It's Net1
    Here's a speed test.
    864434056.png
    Do you have a wired or wireless connection? If it's wireless, a firmware upgrade on your router could go a long way!
    I'm wireless. I'll have a google of that firmware upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

It's Net1
    Here's a speed test.
    864434056.png

Nothing wrong with those stats! Unusual to see upload speed higher than download.

And what NAT type do you get on the PS3? what's the make and model number of your router? I should be able to find the latest update from that, but you'll have to log into your router to check whether or not that's the same version as the one you have!

And what NAT type do you get on the PS3? what's the make and model number of your router? I should be able to find the latest update from that, but you'll have to log into your router to check whether or not that's the same version as the one you have!

I get Nat type 2. I upgraded it there, I'll have a couple games now and see does it make a difference.

I get Nat type 2. I upgraded it there, I'll have a couple games now and see does it make a difference.

Figured it out anyway? Fair play, I hope it works.

Everton 1-1 Wolfsburg

Fairly crap game to be honest, not too many real chances either end. I missed a chance to go 2-0 up with a chipped shot that the keeper got a hand to before it bounced and hit the crossbar. My first goal was scrappy enough and the equaliser came in the laggiest part of the game where some of the buttons I pressed were slow to react!

The lag was pretty bad to be honest and I felt I did enough to edge this game, but it wasn't to be!

League table update anyone!?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ChasingDreams.

Chasingdreams you around? and do you want the game soon? as I might not be around tonight.

No, mate, I'm away until Sunday night...

• Advertisement

Shzm, I'm about if you're about. Just reply here so I can kick the bro off his PS3 to play.:D

EDIT: Scratch that, off out to play poker now. I'll be about tomorrow.

Advertisement