Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA Season 3 Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Roma(Walsh) 4 - 1 Villareal(Devil08)

Finally got a few goals, Baptista done a bit for me in that game with 2 assists and 2 goals! Very open match, started off slow but I went 1 up after Baptista played a lovely through ball to Totti and he just passed it into the net. A couple of minutes later Villareal equalised with Rossi on a counter attack. Then before the break Baptista broke through and took a shot, it hit the post but came back out to Vucinic who slotted it into the empty net. Second half was a bit more attacking with Devil08 having to chase to game, he got plenty of chances but just couldnt finish and with two of my goals coming from counter attacks it was all but over, decent match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Roma(Walsh) 1 - 1 Sevilla(Fizman)

Poor game really, I had my chances and didn't take them, fair play Fizman you play some risky passes at the back though haha, annoyed at myself with that one! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Walsh wrote: »
    Roma(Walsh) 1 - 1 Sevilla(Fizman)

Poor game really, I had my chances and didn't take them, fair play Fizman you play some risky passes at the back though haha, annoyed at myself with that one! :(

Ya, I seem to panic and pass instead of panic and belt it into row Z! :o

How this ended 1-1 I have no idea. I missed at least 3 sitters in the first half including a one on one after 30 seconds, and one or two more in the second. You then got quite a few and failed to execute as well thankfully. If you scored at the very end I was prepared to throw my controller at the tv, seeing as the ref got in the way of a pass and it fell nicely to you to play your man through.

Glad to get off the mark though!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

I won't be able to play my games till Monday at the earliest. My Ntl is broken :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Walsh wrote: »
    Roma(Walsh) 4 - 1 Villareal(Devil08)

Finally got a few goals, Baptista done a bit for me in that game with 2 assists and 2 goals! Very open match, started off slow but I went 1 up after Baptista played a lovely through ball to Totti and he just passed it into the net. A couple of minutes later Villareal equalised with Rossi on a counter attack. Then before the break Baptista broke through and took a shot, it hit the post but came back out to Vucinic who slotted it into the empty net. Second half was a bit more attacking with Devil08 having to chase to game, he got plenty of chances but just couldnt finish and with two of my goals coming from counter attacks it was all but over, decent match!

Walshy you B*astard!!! Tore me to bits in this game!! was gonna f*uck my ps3 out the window after this game :mad:. My defence decided to come to the half way line every time I went forward and then you just hit me on the counter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shzm wrote: »
    I won't be able to play my games till Monday at the earliest. My Ntl is broken :(

UPC ;) I ain't working Monday so I'll be about most of the afternoon I'd say anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Fizman & liverpoolrob available to play tonight? I won't be on too late though.

L'prof wrote: »
    Fizman & liverpoolrob available to play tonight? I won't be on too late though.

I'll be on at 11 I reckon, if you're about then?

Fizman wrote: »
    I'll be on at 11 I reckon, if you're about then?

Should be, it's not toooo late.

Should be, it's not toooo late.

Cool, I'll try to get on for then so.

• Advertisement

Cool, I'll try to get on for then so.

You heading on now then?

Wolfsburg 1-1 Seville

Ugh, another bloody draw...knew that would happen after beating you twice in friendlies :rolleyes:!!! I felt I had the better of that game with Fizman on the backfoot for most of it. He took the lead thanks to some sloppy defending and a good finish. I was back level shortly after though, but couldn't get that decisive goal. Decent match overall, both teams trying to attack as often as possible, but my God your keeper definitely received more passes from your players than even your strikers...probably combined too!!!

Anyway, good game man.

Wolfsburg 1-1 Seville

Ugh, another bloody draw...knew that would happen after beating you twice in friendlies :rolleyes:!!! I felt I had the better of that game with Fizman on the backfoot for most of it. He took the lead thanks to some sloppy defending and a good finish. I was back level shortly after though, but couldn't get that decisive goal. Decent match overall, both teams trying to attack as often as possible, but my God your keeper definitely received more passes from your players than even your strikers...probably combined too!!!

Anyway, good game man.

Haha, ya I must stop that. Walsh touched on that in his post about our game too! :o

Good game though, I started well but you did shade the territory battle for the majority of the game. A game with very few clear chances, and I had a bloody fantastic chance in injury time to snatch it with Kanoute getting very briefly clear in the box, only for the keeper to get something on it and scrambled away.

Fair enough result I think, but a second 1-1 draw after 2 defeats is a bit frustrating! Slowly getting the hang of the game though!

Haha, ya I must stop that. Walsh touched on that in his post about our game too! :o

Good game though, I started well but you did shade the territory battle for the majority of the game. A game with very few clear chances, and I had a bloody fantastic chance in injury time to snatch it with Kanoute getting very briefly clear in the box, only for the keeper to get something on it and scrambled away.

Fair enough result I think, but a second 1-1 draw after 2 defeats is a bit frustrating! Slowly getting the hang of the game though!

Ah yeah, it was a fair enough result to be honest...ragin with that shot that hit the post and I panicked early on in the game with a decent opportunity! I need to get in more practice because before my exams I was really happy with how I was playing, but I haven't been able to click like that for a while now :(

Fowler87 around at all today???

UPC ;) I ain't working Monday so I'll be about most of the afternoon I'd say anyway.

Same ****e, different name ;)

Anyhow - it's back! So if you or anyone else I need to play is around this arvo, I can play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ChasingDreams.

Whoever is playing me, Valencia, I should be available Saturday night from eight onwards, if you're available?

Shzm wrote: »
    Same ****e, different name ;)

Anyhow - it's back! So if you or anyone else I need to play is around this arvo, I can play.

I can play before 3 if you want?

Yeah suits me.. im on now anyway

Whoever is playing me, Valencia, I should be available Saturday night from eight onwards, if you're available?

It's possible. Won't really know until tomorrow though, but if I am it will definitely be after the Spain Paraguay game.

• Advertisement

Shzm what the hell? You gone or you be back on in a min?

Wasn't me! My 'upc' died again.. Seems to only happen when I want to play you haha. Anyway, it's back and i've sent you a game invite there..

Shzm 2-1 gavin "shels" (lyon)

Shzm got two very lucky goals, first was an open goal after my keeper dived for a deflected shot and the second I think the keeper was locked, ball went between his hands I think.:confused:

Yeah pretty uneventful game overall. That first game was lol, your keeper just went for a spontaneous nap. The second one was quite good I thought, finese shot that curled just over and around your keeper.
    I was lucky to block a few of your shots though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Il be around on/off on PSN for the weekend so Fizman, Devil08 and whoever alse we'll get the games over with if thats ok?

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Il be around on/off on PSN for the weekend so Fizman, Devil08 and whoever alse we'll get the games over with if thats ok?

Cool. I'm around tonight so can probably play up until 1-1.30 am. Floating about over the weekend too so hopefully we'll bump into each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ChasingDreams.

It's possible. Won't really know until tomorrow though, but if I am it will definitely be after the Spain Paraguay game.

Oh sorry, I meant to say Sunday, not Saturday. :o

Oh sorry, I meant to say Sunday, not Saturday. :o

No worries, suits me better anyway!

Fowler87 wrote: »

I'll be on Monday/Tuesday til bout 4 if that suits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Chasing Dreams

If Porto, Roma, or Sevilla are around tonight, then shoot me a message. I'll be online until midnight anyway, so hopefully I can clear up my backlog.

Advertisement