Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REPEAT STUDENTS??

• 22-06-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Just wondering how this years leavin compared to last years?? Which subjects were easier or harder and overall how did ye find it??!! Just curious lol!!!:);):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Far easier, although I think that may just be this new-fangled "study" thing i discovered..

Oh and the not having to do languages bit..

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Found it very tough up till christmas! after that is was kinda the same as last yr th way time flew!
    Found english easier cause I actually put effort in, took up construction , dropped irish and the rest were ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

Found it very tough up till christmas! after that is was kinda the same as last yr th way time flew!
    Found english easier cause I actually put effort in, took up construction , dropped irish and the rest were ok!
    I found English harder because it was a new course! And I got a B1 Honours the previous year.But yes overall the year was far easier

• Registered Users Posts: 12 leavingcert 2010

i found this years leaving cert to be much harder than last years

i got 515 last year, i think ill be getting something like it again this year

even though i did a massive amount of studying the whole year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

it was difficult going back but I have to admit that I found some of the work this year to be easier simply because this year I did my work and actaully listened to the teachers...
    I did find the actual leaving certificate exams to be much harder this year but fortunatley everything I studied had come up
    I did waaaaaaay more work this year but somehow can see myself getting in around or even less than what I got last year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I thought the exam papers were tougher than last years, but I was much better prepared for them this time round.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

It's good to hear that you all are getting on ok. Remember, if a paper was tougher than last year remember that the marking scheme will be more lenient - there has to be the same proportions of each grade every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Found it easier this year because I switched to a school that had a specific repeat class. There was about 40 of us altogether and we had our own classes for english, irish and maths which was really handy. Hopin for a big improvement on points this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shi7zman

I think i improved in everything rele. droped all languages so that was handy. took up ag but thought business was a tough paper. maths was much easier. and i think its the same with every repeat cos we know what wer in for at start of year and it doesnt take as long to get into it??:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

I thought this years was way harder than last years..exept for history. Maybe I really just didn't care enough last year!:D
    The great thing about repeating for me is that it gave me a year to grow up and think about what I really want to do!

• Advertisement
Advertisement