Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on the Indo 'M3 negative energy' article

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

A relative of mine used it last weekend. The review of it was that it was simply "fantastic" - so take that all you negative energy hippy cloaked chanting alternative lifestyle types :)

(that last part obviously tongue in cheek)

Seriously, I know personally one commuter from beyond Kells who is paying about €50 a week (3 tolls a day including the M3 and M50 X 2 journeys = €50 a week) and she reports it is absolutely fantastic - blanchardstown is the last peave but that is well on the way to being sorted.

Positive, positive, positive..... i'd expect. People now see their partners in daylight when coming home from work and i'm not talking solstice here. Wow - now that should be a basic commuter right at a minimum.

And what was that which the article said - "you can't hear it and you can't see it" from Tara. Job well done imho. Yes the money is a bummer, but i'd like to live in a society where i'm paid in millions and where it costs nothing - sounds good to me ;) chances of happening???? :o/

Unfortunately the M3 isn't useful for my particular commute :( (maybe that's just negative balance in my post :))

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Ahahahaha "negative energy" that is just freaking adorable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

Personally loved it on the 2 journeys I've made thus far; what used to take me over and hour has been reduced to 35 minutes; positive energy i.m.o.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Same here, i'm paying €2.60 a day for my commute.
    Which used to take 45-1 hr, is now done in 30 minutes. Can leave the house at a reasonable hour, and be home at a reasonable hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Even though I don't use the M3 (or even, strictly speaking, the N3) on my commute from Dunshaughlin to Ballyfermot), the journey to and from work is a joy now compared to before the new road opened. And it is infinitely better than at the height of the Celtic Tiger.

Previously, I used a maze of backroads to avoid the numerous blckages and tailbacks, but now I can take the most direct route without any delays or tolls...it's like as if my house is 10/15km nearer to where I work!

Dunshaughlin/Clonee village/Clonee -Lucan Rd/Lucan village/Liffey Valley = 35min in the morning (at legal speeds!) and 45min in the evening return.

In 2006, times would have been typically over an hour am and an hour and fifteen minutes pm.

All of this seems almost too good to be true and there are a couple of "buts"...right now, the schools are closed, people are on holiday (or at least off work!) and this would be an experimental time re usage of the M3, where drivers will be weighing up the the cost/benefits.

So I would say we might have to wait till September before we have a true picture of the consequences and benefits of the new motorway.

In the meantime, though, I am enjoying these bright, hassle-free journeys to and from my place of employment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

I have used the road a few times (north Navan to Clonee) and it certainly is a fantastic piece of infrastructure and as An Cath Dubh said, when the M50/N3 interchange is complete, it will make a huge difference to commuters.

I'm lucky in that I get a bus into the city so don't have to fork out the tolls, but I do feel sorry for those living in Kells. I think 2 tolls is very unfair. A lot of these commuters were forced out of Dublin to Navan and Kells because of over inflated house prices. Now they have to pay to have a decent commuter route to go to work!

The bottom line is that Kells, Navan and Dunshaughlin should have been bypassed years ago, even before there was any mention of the M3. Dunshaughlin was granted permission for a by pass in the early 90s, yet the NRA did nothing about it, forcing all Meath/Cavan traffic through the narrow and congested road of Dunshaughlin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Well, the M3 has caused plenty of negative energy on the old N3 due to its presence resulting in the old N3 speed limit being reduced to 80k and the tolls on the M3 resulting in a collection of roadhogs who have gotten used to the 120k speed limit now flooding back onto the old N3 to save a few bob but not being willing to sacrifice the speed they have been getting used to. Road rage a plenty between those willing to observe the the speed limit and those who are not. Some nutter had a go at me this morning and almost ran me off the road. Maybe all that negative energy is so intense it has radiated outwards and upwards to the Hill of Tara. I'd guess most of the Hill of Tara participants brought the negative energy with them from the old N3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Not wrote: »
    Well, the M3 has caused plenty of negative energy on the old N3 due to its presence resulting in the old N3 speed limit being reduced to 80k and the tolls on the M3 resulting in a collection of roadhogs who have gotten used to the 120k speed limit now flooding back onto the old N3 to save a few bob but not being willing to sacrifice the speed they have been getting used to. Road rage a plenty between those willing to observe the the speed limit and those who are not. Some nutter had a go at me this morning and almost ran me off the road. Maybe all that negative energy is so intense it has radiated outwards and upwards to the Hill of Tara. I'd guess most of the Hill of Tara participants brought the negative energy with them from the old N3.

You should make a complaint about this to the Gardai. If a few complained, then Gardai would go out and do speed checks - knowing they're very likely to generate much needed revenue in fines!
    Our local school is situated on a main road, and parents complained about drivers going through at dangerous speeds while they were collecting their kids. A speed limit of 50kph was enforced, but it made no difference (must admit I would forget to slow down, but then I would drive like a snail compared to the other offenders!) - until a Garda starting standing there with a speed gun. Now everybody slows down!

My thoughts on the new M3 - I love it! No negativity here...

Advertisement