Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A.lange & Sohne

• 22-06-2010 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

I bought a box of bits and pieces at boot sale recently (electronic junk and a few watches)
    1 of them is an A.lange & Sohne Glashutte 1/8A
    Slilver fob with blaqck leather straps with the name on the leather
    also the catch has the name on it too.
    On the back of the watch is clear glass with an almost semi-circular piece of metal that can spin around with "sax-o-mat" then A.lange & Sohne engraved on it.
    The back casing has "A.lange & Sohne glashuttei/snauf .... doppelfederna us ab swiss made"
    Is this a good watch as i have never heard of them ?
    Will try to post pic when i can

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

If it's genuine it could be worth a few grand!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The clear back on a fob/pocket is strange too. Perhaps a salesman sample to show off the movement to customers? At least thats the only display back Ive seen on the vintage stuff anyway. Plus its an automatic which is extremely weird for a pocket watch.

Is it a pocket watch in the first place? I know you said fob, but fob watches dont have leather straps or catches. It sounds like a wristwatch.

Even better for you if it is as for the most part wrist trumps fob for value.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

mookishboy wrote: »
    The back casing has "A.lange & Sohne glashuttei/snauf .... doppelfederna us ab swiss made"
    Is this a good watch as i have never heard of them ?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

Wibbs wrote: »
    The clear back on a fob/pocket is strange too. Perhaps a salesman sample to show off the movement to customers? At least thats the only display back Ive seen on the vintage stuff anyway. Plus its an automatic which is extremely weird for a pocket watch.

Is it a pocket watch in the first place? I know you said fob, but fob watches dont have leather straps or catches. It sounds like a wristwatch.

Even better for you if it is as for the most part wrist trumps fob for value.

Its a wrist watch allright
    will put up photos in a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

photo of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭piaget

Does'nt look like the usual Lange, hope I'm wrong though but even with the poor pic it looks like a standard ETA rotor.

Advertisement