Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buckingham St. Buildings

Options
  • 22-06-2010 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I recently discovered that my Great Grandmother died in 1967. She was 93 years old and lived in Buckingham St. Buildings. Her name was Annie Lawlor.

I was in school in Fairview in 1967 and was not aware of her existance at the time.

Does anyone here remember her or have any memories of the area at that time?

DitS.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

She was a fine lady. Wore her clothes well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There's quite an active discussion group for this sort of thing on the Dublin City forums on the DCC site.
    Try here
    There may well be someone there who knew her. There will certainly be people who can tell you about the Buildings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Dub in the Sticks

Thank you both for your replies.

Mick, if you have any further memories please send me a private message.

Spurious, thanks for the heads up. I'll try that link.

DitS.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Dub in the Sticks - I think that you'll find that Mick Daly is just making a smart-ass comment.

Mick Daly - Cop on.

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Dub in the Sticks

Thanks HB. At first I thought he was a moron but decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. He can stay silent and show himself up as an idiot or speak up and provide the proof.

DitS.

• Advertisement
Advertisement